Romantica Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Villa Bina(Sant'Angelo)
Great 4.5/5
Residence Monte Zunta(Serrara Fontana)
Hotel Villa Maria(Sant'Angelo)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Casa Rosa(Sant'Angelo)
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewsa great stayhalf boardsea viewpoolscapischiaislandinsightmineralshillside
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2015

I paid more than 160 euro for night and the value is terrible. Small room, very far from any facilities, no wifi (even after talked with front office). The breakfast was very poor as well with very low level of cleanliness.
For 160 euro per night I would expect much more.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fradelga82
Reviewed 14 October 2014

I booked the room online. The room that I booked was without balcony and no special view. I asked to see alternatives and they showed me two other options. The one that I ultimately took was EUR40 more expensive but the view was exceptional, the room was spacious and very nicely decorated. Really loved it except the rooster that woke me up at 3 am in the morning. The view from that room was spectacular. The staff of the hotel was very polite and supportive, moving luggage without complaint. There are great terme in the hotel, the Sauna is a bit disappointing. The hotel offers a shuttle down to the village. Overall a fantastic stay and I would go again.

Room Tip: Ask at reception for room with view.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hans P
Reviewed 30 August 2014

While staying in a private apartment in Forio, we made the 20 minute bus journey to Terme Romantica on several occasions during our vacation.

There are several wonderful pools on the property with various temperatures and lots of lounge chairs throughout to enjoy the beautiful sun and relaxation.

Our stay took us from late July into early August and during all our visits, the crowd was typically more mature, allowing for quiet enjoyment most days.

There are shower, washroom and change rooms located there and the day pass was about 15 EU I believe. My only issue here was that on a few visits, we did not arrive until 3 or 4 pm in the afternoon and they offered no discount considering the facilities would be closed at 7pm. So no such luck with a "half day pass."

Be sure to call ahead to reserve your visit...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Our travel agent booked us this as we wanted to take the thermal waters of ischia without having to leave our hotel and visit a thermal park. Although we did just that and went to (Negambo one day see that review) we had some fun on the initial day in all the pools with the different temperatures. But after that the atmosphere and repetitive routine of this hotel wore thin. It is filled with a loyal clientele that are on average over 70 yrs old. Spinsters with their mothers and a lot of Germans, who are most loyal and have been coming every yr for over 25 yrs.
I would like to say that THE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD and was a highlight especially the antipasto buffet which was wonderful and had about 30 dishes to select form. I think the are known for this.

Be aware that the ROOMS HAVE NO WINDOWS and many are very very small! we had room 140 which was one of the largest but rooms 103 102 have a huge private terrace are smaller yet have no windows either. I was very unhappy in my room and was so happy on the day of departure as I'd had enough.
I had several treatments in the spa and while a lot cheaper than a 5 or 4 star hotel they were weird. No bad just odd..too much typing to explain. The front desk staff were very helpful & friendly but it just could not make up for it being the wrong hotel for our family. I'm not saying don't stay here just it was totally wrong for us.,with our 9 yr old child and 21 yr old daughter.

Room Tip: Large room 140, small rooms big terrace 102 or 103 beware all rooms have NO windows!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank MrsWorldly
ginoperaro, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Romantica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us and I am delighted to hear that enjoyed the food in our restaurant (especially the starters buffet) as well as our internal thermal park. The hotel Romantica is a hotel with a team of highly motivated people who want to make sure that all of our guests have a memorable time with us and I am delighted that you appreciated this.

I am sorry that you were disappointed by the fact that your room didn’t comply with your requirements. Our resort is particular as the rooms are spread all over a large park in different guest houses. Many of them dispose of an off-side access (from a terrace or a garden), but it is absolutely wrong that our rooms have no windows! Maybe the position of the window in your room beside the entry was not for you full satisfaction. We would have been happy to show you other rooms solutions, but unfortunately you didn’t complain during your stay.
I do hope that you will return on a future visit when you are next in Ischia and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance at any time.
Warm regards,

Park Hotel & Terme Romantica

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I went with for my mothers 50th birthday and it was wonderful! the views were spectacular and the staff and people there were extremely welcoming. The A La Carte restaurant and bar was delicious and well worth a try ( especially the lobster that is caught from around the island and the fish cooked in salt). But if you decide to go have dinner at the self service restaurant, which is also very good, do stop by the bar to get a drink called "Claudia". It is a drink that the bar man himself invented and that he named after his daughter, and it is rather delightful.When you stay there I strongly recommend going on the guided tour, that they offer, up the little island up just across from Sant'Angelo. Even though it is a little steep at some places the view is worth every little bit walking, not to mention that the guide is very nice and explains everything in German and Italian.
The only 2 draw backs of this hotel is it attracts lots of Germans and Italians and so a lot of the staff can not speak perfect english but generally it is not problem at all and also the rooms are not the brightest but if you are spending most of your time outside it doesn't really matter all that much.
The pools and the spa are very relaxing and you will realise that just by being there your worries will soon go away and you will go home a much more relaxed person.

Room Tip: Rooms the the north are higher and therefore they have a view of the sea.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family