Delfini Strand Hotel Terme
Hotel Ulisse(Ischia)
US$166
US$161
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$188/night.

US$179
US$162
Villa Durrueli(Ischia)
US$149
US$145
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

Da Maria(Ischia)
US$156
US$152
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Villa Fortuna Holiday Resort(Ischia)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$78
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

US$225
US$193
Priceline
US$371
US$324
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$364/night.

US$369
US$393
US$383
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Solemar Terme Beach & Beauty(Ischia Porto)
  • Pool
1,368 results
All reviewslight switchessmall thingscroissantsthermal waterischia islandnice breakfaststar hotelan amazing viewespressocastlesunbathingbusestermebalconies
Reviewed 18 April 2017

Warning!!!! An impressive reception area which can only be described as a facade. We paid nearly 800 euro for four nights B&B. The first room wasn't ready till 5pm, It was too small for the three of us and was less than basic. It was not a family room but had the extra bed squeezed in. Most items like switches and lights were broken or not working. Furniture was of very poor quality and nothing matched. We asked to change rooms or leave. It went downhill from there. We were told we could not have a refund, no other rooms were available but could have a free massage, (I was later asked for 5 euro to pay for the oils for the massage). We were offered the use of another room for our daughter (11 years old) but declined as both rooms gave access to outdoors. The next day we had the choice of two rooms, one smelt strongly of cigarettes so went for the other as we were told we had no choice. The hotel also stated they would change us to half board for the three remaining nights. The room we moved to had a bathroom with ventilation only into the bedroom meaning all the sheets, floor and clothes went damp. The air conditioner was switched off at the main electric box which was next to the bed and the system appeared to have mould in it so I didn't try using it. It seemed strange we only found two cockroaches. The sewage covers were outside and quite strong at times and no lighting was provided in the dark to get to our room. The evening meal, to be fare, was ok but we were sat near reception where we could see constant complaints. No wine list but managed to get a local cheap wine for 16 euro. Breakfast was a little better than poor and after looking at previous reports noted that the hotel still has only about five breakfast bowls and a broken cereal dispenser. Like our experience every complaint ended with the staff ringing the owner "signora". I really thought that places like this don't exist any more. The toilet paper was the cheapest I've ever seen along with any other items. It was clear that the hotel are spending the minimum possible and are doing without wherever possible. I struggle most with the fact that the staff have all put their morals well behind them to serve a matriarch. This place is a sham of what was once an apparent hotel of beauty that cared for visitors. We were offered a free lunch and a further massage but declined as we just wanted to leave and stay elsewhere but clearly this was not going to happen. I know words like this are wasted on the management or staff as it is clearly grab the money while they can but with such a lovely location this hotel should not be in the hands of people who don't want to do the job.

Room Tip: Don't go. It really will spoil what should be a special time
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank btrapp786
Reviewed 24 March 2017

The hotel is just so close to Aragonese Castle of Ischia Island. This area called as Ischia Ponte. Not in a centre where there is a port. You can reach with bus so easy because bus stop is in front of the hotel. Firstly it doesnt seems like a 4 star hotel. We have been there for 2 night with my boyfriend on March. The room was very clean and was big with a balcony and has a beautiful panorama of Aragonese Castle. But for 4 star hotel, inside of the room there was nothing. No slippers, no water, no tea& coffee, no wifi. I never had a line for my cell phone. Also paints of the room was become old. The breakfast was so poor too. The plates, knifes, forks were not in so clean condition. Maybe in summer time they care more their hotel but in winter time they should care too; otherwise better they close the hotel like others that we saw in Ischia Island. The stuff was kind and smiling , we love this, but only this :)

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank THEGZM
HOTELDELFINIISCHIA, Direttore at Delfini Strand Hotel Terme, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2017

Thanks

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Right from the first moment in this hotel is characterized by arrogance and unprofessionalism an incredible dirt. In the hotel I had paid for two nights 12 and 14 March 2017, but as it has addressed the immense hotel in which I stayed days before I decided to stay even for one day extra Sorriso wellness resort and spa ( which was perfect) by 12 March within circuit after Ischia I came on March 12 to accommodate Strand Hotel Delfini. I got room number 301. March 13 I also came with baggage. What was my horror and surprise when the receptionist refused me a room key with a team that has not yet been tidy in vain .. I explained that I stayed yesterday I only dont slept in the room and therefore have nothing to clean up. I have not been understood. elderly lady on reception was incredibly annoyed and shouted something in Italian. No one ever does not understand English. Nobody does not understand to any other language. Finally they called to the Director of the hotel which I status clarified. He then was given a room key. The room was musty and very cold. I asked why the telephone number of the director of the hotel, which I asked for burnings in the room and taxi to 8:00. when I came into the room in the evening was also smelling and unheated again, I claimed for state rooms. After an hour repairman who came not correct. It was the worst night in the worst hotel. If the owner of the hotel knows the off-season run continuously establishes the standard of the hotel should close it. Significant unprofessional staff, however, was the biggest disappointment. I do not recommend !!!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 333ivona

Thanks

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly situated by the sea with a nice view of the Castle. You can still perceive its fashionable past but the hotel lacks of basic maintenance and it is falling apart. A real pity as its potential is undeniable.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 November 2016

Hotel and Room: The hotel is in a good location, served by bus, however we recommend to rent a moped or a car to be able to move freely on the island and to easily reach the center. The hotel is very nice and offers a beautiful view of the sea and the Aragonese castle. It is clean and the staff is friendly. In low season the exterior is poorly maintained though.

Spa: There is a small thermal pool and spa treatments on request in the hotel. Although a price list is provided, it is good to clearly establish the price and type of treatment. I chose a relaxing massage for the whole body, and I received a terrible back massage only for 20 minutes. It wasn't the first massage I had and I can assure that this was everything but relaxing. At check out we were charged the cost of a lymphatic drainage massage of half an hour, 40 euros. To my request for explanations I was told that I should have complained to the beautician and that I should have been more precise in booking the massage. Not professional in my opinion. My wife had a facial from the same beautician and was quite satisfied. Included in the price of the room you can use the thermal baths of the hotel Parco Verde which is about 10 minutes away by a free shuttle service provided by the hotel. There are outdoor and indoor thermal baths, steam room, cervical shower, a small gym, and spa treatments on request. The baths are good, but there is no changing room with showers. Only a very tiny room with 3 lockers open to everyone where to leave the clothes. The pools are OK, but bathrooms and common areas are quite dirty and unkempt.

Food: Dinner is served in the same hotel, (at least when we stayed in November). The menu is either fixed or with choice of 3 courses, depending on the evening, the food is decent but not special. Drinks are not included in the half board, and here is where that they tried to trick us. In the 2 dinners we had, we bought 1 bottle of wine per meal priced 12 euros each (poor quality wine by the way), and in the final bill on departure we were charged 20 and 16 euros respectively. On the order they made me sign at dinner the price had been added afterwards. At our objections we were told that it was our fault for signing before the price was added and that prices were communicated by the other hotel, denying the price of 12 euros on the menu. (See photos receipts and menus) Absolutely not happy with the explanation given, my wife and I went to take the menu from the other hotel, brought it back and received a refund. We did not do it for the 12 euros, but for a matter of principle: it is really sad and frustrating to understand that tourists who are not locals are systematically charged with extra costs assuming do not notice it or they are dismissed with inconsistent explanations, since they can't or don't want to waste time as we did, to defend their rights.

2 Italians emigrated abroad (also for these reasons)

Tip: Beware and take a picture of any price list.

Room Tip: Beware and take a picture of any price list, Rooms have all a good view.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple