2,036 results
All reviews thermal pools walking distance to beach lower price main building forio port an array ischia island breakfast buffet amazing views hotel entrance night stay half board fabulous holiday nice room junior suite bruschetta fresh fruit
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Hoping to escape the chill of Northern Europe and knowing that Sorriso is open all year round, we decided to head back again to this comfortable and cosy resort for a week's winter break. This time we chose a Junior Suite which was very comfortable and had a glorious view. Just as last time the staff could not have been kinder or more helpful and we enjoyed the delicious meals down in the restaurant - we did not try the more chi-chi restaurant Oasis which I understand to be very good - which is also part of the hotel. I enjoyed treatments in the Spa and we made use of the various pools, sauna and steam rooms. The great thing about the hotel is that even if the weather is grey (and we had some grey days as well as some gloriously sunny ones) you can still enjoy an outdoor swim in the thermal swimming pool - as well as the indoor pool. Many people lay on sunbeams on the good days to get their slice of sunshine. There are various questions below to which I would prefer really to comment. There's a small baby-type pool by the main thermal pool outdoors but I'd assume it would be better for the summer and it may also be used for adults as it is cool water - a contrast to the thermal. There are no strictly adult pools as children can go in them all - excepting those in the Spa. The hotel is not quaint but it has a very specific style of its own; Italian tiling and architecture. Such issues apart, it is so self-contained you don't need to go out but we enjoyed one day of shopping in Forio and had a wonderful trip. We really can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Sea views are well worth having; also better being in the main building.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Italybird
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

It was a 6 nights stay. The sun was unexpectedly shining every day. The water of the pools ( thermal water) was incredible clean. Between 35and 37 celsius. Aquagym at 11o' clock was excelent. It's a pitty the restaurant was not as classy as it should. Boring food- always the same. Better find a taverna or pizzeria elsewhere.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Stayed here for a week in August 2017. We booked a room in the second building, which is a 5 minute walk from the main hotel. The room was a little bit underwhelming, but was faced onto a small lemon grove, which was very pleasant in the evening. The real highlight at Sorrisso is the pool and facilities: The view down to the coast from the pool is stunning, the poolside service of snacks and drinks is excellent, and the Oasis Restaurant attached to the hotel provides great quality meals, stunning scenery, and a relaxing atmosphere!
The hotel also provides a shuttle service into Forio, and a free check out shuttle to the ferry!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Our trip to Ischia was very disappointing especially as our room was outside the complex and across the road, when we saw the room it was dreadful just like a backpackers stop off pad, one night stay only. We asked to change as this was not what we expected, we also asked to stay in main hotel

Room Tip: Would not recommend this hotel owing to the lack of interest in Brits
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank paulinehurst1955
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the sorriso for 2 nights. Had problems with the air conditioning that they fixed after 1 day. I always had to run to find the cleaning lady to get more toilette paper they never put enough. My room very old dated had a double bed with a bunck bed. I was scared that the bed would have Broken (look at picture below). Pool area was beautiful the bathrooms near the pool area smell of pe. Beach was so so seen better. Some Staff members need a customer service cours some of them were very rude and one cleaning lady should get fired don't know her name but If i knew trust me I would have mentioned her name here The only thing I would give a 5 star would be for the food. Excellent!!!! The hotel are walking distance to beach, souvenir shops.

And to top it all off I found a small bug on my pillow. Shower door broken bathroom floors dirty they don't pass the mop!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family