2,052 results
All reviews thermal pools walking distance to beach main building health benefits an array forio port hotel entrance night stay breakfast buffet ischia island amazing views half board fabulous holiday plenty of sunbeds nice room junior suite bruschetta
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the sorriso for 2 nights. Had problems with the air conditioning that they fixed after 1 day. I always had to run to find the cleaning lady to get more toilette paper they never put enough. My room very old dated had a double bed with a bunck bed. I was scared that the bed would have Broken (look at picture below). Pool area was beautiful the bathrooms near the pool area smell of pe. Beach was so so seen better. Some Staff members need a customer service cours some of them were very rude and one cleaning lady should get fired don't know her name but If i knew trust me I would have mentioned her name here The only thing I would give a 5 star would be for the food. Excellent!!!! The hotel are walking distance to beach, souvenir shops.

And to top it all off I found a small bug on my pillow. Shower door broken bathroom floors dirty they don't pass the mop!!!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Amalia G
Reviewed 7 June 2017

The view of the sea is breath-taking, especially at sunset.
The location is excellent: near Citara Beach, Poseidon Thermal Spa, and right on the main bus line.
Be sure to spend some time in the hotel's pools, and take advantage of the spa (massages, facials, etc.).
The breakfast buffet has a wide variety. The waitstaff is wonderful...it's just the other guests who were sometimes pushy or rude.
Pasquale from the front desk made an extra effort to make our stay better.
We had only two problems: 1) our friends' room FINALLY had air conditioning on the 4th of our 5-day stay. Every day, we were told it would be fixed. If my friends had known that it wasn't true, they would have asked for a different room. 2) Parking is a challenge. The first time we left our car key at the desk, they couldn't find it the next morning. Other patrons take up more than one space.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank DawnAlba
Reviewed 6 June 2017

I spent my vacation in Sorriso in the end of May 2017. Rooms are quite good, clean, quite fresh equipment. Safe and fridge are presented in the room. good internet connection.
What I dislike: First and main it is FOOD. It is not Italian. It is something awful, not tasty at all, not Italian space inside. We never were proposed traditional Italian paper to dish. On the breakfast unpleasant cheese, some mortadella, eggs, little fruits. Yogurt, ricotta are good. The coffee in the machine AWFUL, it is impossible to drink this liquid, as it is not coffee at all. Sometimes it is impossible even to get clear hot water for tea from the machines. Only 2 machines from 3 are working, but no one works properly. They always provides drops on coffee or chocolates when you are trying to get hot water.
The dinner is worst! During 9 days we never seen any bruschetta with tomatoes, but it is Traditional Ischia food! I previously visited other hotels in Ischia, and all of them provided bruschetta each dinner, with very tasty tomatoes. But Sorriso not. Meat on dinner was absolutely insipid. Fresh cooked fish was served quite often, but this fish was always bony. Salad bar is also tasteless, and hardly refresh. I do not understand what they prepare Russian salad with mayonnaise. Cooked Vegetables were unflavoured.
Sorriso vine has the prices 14 euro!
And in the end of all when I came to reception form check out I found in the bill some water from room fridge, but I never took it from fridge! Definitely they deleted it from my bill, however unpleasant impression I have. It is good that I always check all bills, but if somebody is not so attentive....
So I would not recommended this hotel taking into consideration the high prices and awful food.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 12 May 2017

It is not my first stay in Sorriso hotel, and with deep sorry I have to admit that hotel is loosing its previous quality & standards. The room I was staying was very poor, small, no view (really there is a wall across the window with a small room for a table and chair joint with other room of same quality. Bathroom with shower cabin was totally not waterproofing and the water was all over the floor each time I took a shower. No one paid attention to that. Room maids forgot to give a foot towel to stop the water somehow. Bed was small and very unstaible. No wifi! Totally no wifi and it was never fixed in my room despite I asked for it. Such room must be first set up properly and than sold at a lower price due to its conditions. The breakfast is same all day, guys forgot to add food in time, with such a variety of products & seasonal fruits breakfast should be better. The hotel has good rooms but you have to fight for it to get = to spend your precious time during vacations. An Outside thermal pool is ok, an inside contains a lot of chlorine to my feeling. Oasis restaurant - good food but service is below any standards, no waitress, guests are not aloweded to take a table they want as it reserved (ok) but never offered a new one, waiters forget about you until you start making noise. Once Sorriso was a good hotel and I hope my review will help it to return its former glory of a 4-star hotel.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 5 April 2017

Stayed in the summer of 2016, very disappointed in the hotel and it's location. Air didn't work, phones didn't work, couldn't contact our friends or main desk by phone, had to walk long walks to the front desk to complain, who said all would be fixed but never was after 4 days!!! most rooms are long steep walks to the pools or the resturants. You'd best be in good shape to do all the trecking around this property, and lugging your own suitcases. The people around the pool area and bar were very nice and friendly, but that's about it. Also everyone has to wear a bathing cap in the pool, men, women and children, or you are not allowed in the pool. Would not return to this hotel, EVER

Date of stay: August 2016