All reviews sea view hot tub every morning amalfi coast lounge chairs overlooking the beach the bus cakes the owner fantastic hotel free wifi ham small hotel easy access amazing views suitcases stairs
Reviewed 26 September 2014

We cannot recommend the Palazzo Vinguis highly enough. Set in the most beautiful town of Minori on the Amalfi coast, the hotel has views to the mediterranean ocean, the main street and the breathtaking winding coastal road. Minori still has its fishing village atmosphere. We were lucky enough to have a balcony and the room was very clean with a very generous sized bedroom. Breakfast was generous and delicious and again with seating available on the balcony to the most magnificent views. Set conveniently in the heart of town it is close to the bus stop and wharf where the ferries depart for visits to other towns on the Amalfi Coast like Positano and Amalfi. Minori is a town with plenty of warmthness and heart and the people are very proud of their town. Palazzo Vinguis was the perfect stay for the perfect setting with the staff very helpful and welcoming and spoke good english. Be warned though, the from entrance has about 100 steps but this can be expected on the Amalfi coast. There is a back entrance to the hotel which helps avoid the majority of steps. We look forward to returning to Minori and staying again at Palazzo Vinguis which we couldn't fault.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Milly B
Reviewed 16 September 2014

My boyfriend and I arrived in Minori and Palazzo Vingius after 3 days in busy Napoli, and for me it was like a breath of fresh air. Previously I had seen such sceneries only in the pictures and photos and couldn't fancy staying in such a place. I liked everything about the Palazzo: we had a very clean and spacious room with a balcony and a sea view, the breakfast with fresh cappucinos was served on the sunny terrace and few times a day we had a regular training when climbing 100 steps to the Palazzo. No problems with the shower and hot water. And it's so relaxing to go to sleep and wake up to the sound of waves. Trofimena, you and your colleagues, do a great job!

Minori is also the right place to explore the Amalfi coast from. It is quiet and the number of busy tourists is fewer than in Amalfi, Maiori and Positano. One can use a SITA bus or a boat to visit all these places as we did. And each time returning to Minori in the evening I felt happy I had chosen this place for a 4-days stay of our Italian vacation.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OlgaSh77
Reviewed 6 September 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in September, the hotel is spotlessly clean, the room was quite small but big enough for our needs, the view was fantastic looking out over the sea but the cost of this was the 120 steps to get to the room, it didn't really bother us but it definitely wouldn't have been suitable for someone who struggles to walk etc. the breakfast was typical continental and the staff were very pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Littlelady35
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had the most amazing stay at the Palazzo Vingius! This is the best hotel in Minori with the most welcoming and accommodating staff. Every morning I woke up with the most beautiful view along with the best breakfast served. Everything was so fresh and to top it off they offer you coffee, espresso or cappuccino as well that you can enjoy on the balcony overlooking the sea. The rooms here are very cute, unique and clean, and you really get the feel that you're living in Italy, which was important to me. Downstairs there is a jacuzzi inside with glass doors which is also overlooking the sea and Amalfi coast.. Just sitting in the jacuzzi with this breathtaking view was incredible. There were also lounge chairs if you wanted to lay out and get a tan or you could walk down the steps and be at the beach! At the beach they offer kayak and boat rentals which was fun...This hotel was so convenient to all places in Minori- restaurants, bars, cafe, market, shopping, bus, etc AND it is only a ten minute walk to the next city over Maiori, if you wanted to explore the coast:)
I will definitely be booking my stay in advance for next year here because I enjoyed my visit and again, the staff was so kind, friendly and helpful they really made me feel like Palazzo Vingius was my home for the two weeks I was here... Can't wait to return!!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Nicole72690
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Great hotel! Don't let the staisr put you off! :)
It's one of the best 3* hotels I ever stayed in (and even better that one 4* I recenlty reviewed here!)
The rooms are clean and really nice, views from the window are superb! You can even request breakfast on the balcony and there are no extra fees!
Staff are very polite, there is free wifi everywhere.

Room Tip: all rooms have sea view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends