1,346 results
All reviews joels restaurant city centre petrol station minute walk shuttle bus free parking naas road red cow luas lovely hotel luas stop would highly recommend this hotel stayed here for one night hotel bar family room newlands cross checking out car park
Reviewed 18 December 2017

My husband and I where fortunate to stay here as a gift from my daughter.I would highly recommend this hotel.Friendly welcome and Staff pleasant.The room was clean and comfortable with beds and room cleaned daily

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed for weekend shopping trip room was freezing cold and despite reporting this to reception nothing done about it?breakfast only fair-thank god for joels beside hotel which i would rate 5 stars+ for evening meals def not a 4 star hotel wont be back so many better hotels in dublin

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pandebay
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

This review is long overdue ! I stayed at the Louis Fitzgerald sept of 2017 to my surprising Delight it was perfect for the 6 days I stayed there till I checked out . The moment I checked in I got to hotel @ 930am from NYC direct from Dublin international
w a 10am tour appt @ St.James Home of Guinness Vanessa w a minute to spare & Cab waiting I requested her to hold my luggage until I arrive back from Tour @ proper check In time she politely accommodated me in seconds allowing me to jump back into my awaiting Cab & make my Tour appt thank you Vanessa !
When I arrived back from Tour she checked me in immediately had a room reserved for me anticipating my return .
I paid for Breakfast package in Advance and it is fabulous not only are the options delicious but the service is Fantastic I had the pleasure of having Monika as my server she was so hospitable and kind ! She took time to not only know me as a guest but person she hails from Bologna but speaks fluent Spanish and would occasionally converse w me in Spanish knowing I’m Puerto Rican she made a effort to know my preferred Drink ( would greet me w either a Vanilla or caramel Latte ) & Food , Monika made my mornings so delightful, she also would bring me things to try for first time like Porridge I never had it before it was yummy !
Her co worker Lisa what can I say but thank you Lisa ! She was outstanding w attention to the details of all aspects of running a high volume breakfast , she made sure all the guests in her dining room were being cared for she a valuable asset to the Louis Fitzgerald as well as Paul the manager .
Shane would serve me during lunch and was extremely professional . Monika introduced me to the chef Lucas after sharing with her my obvious notice difference in Quality of the meals both in taste & presentation than the other cook which I won’t mention (not so Good) no bueno. You can tell Lucas takes great pride and care in what he cooks from prep to finish product thanks Lucas !
My room was always clean and appointed w necessary toiletries I made sure to tip my maid properly in appreciation .
The day of my Red Hot Chili Peppers concert the Fitzgerald provided a round trip shuttle which came in handy since the venues location is difficult to get too & w the inclement weather that day was a life savor .The hotel is in walking distance to the Tram system it’s very inexpensive and awesome for this New Yorker .
My last morning before I checked out the staff were showed Me so much Love when saying goodbye I took this picture with them from left to right Casper,Paul,Charles,Monika,ME,Lisa,
Lucas,Shane. I ate practically all my meals in Louis Fitzgerald & the Establishment next Door Joel’s both owned bye same person the Food Service & decor reflected the same Quality in Joel’s as in Louis Fitzgerald but w many more dining options . There I had the pleasure of meeting Beck originally from China w a heavy Irish accent he made my visits to Joel’s memorable not only in his service but human connection , he made some great dining suggestions from food choices & accompanying array of sauces to enhance the flavor of the chips and chicken . The manager of Joel’s took time to not only know me as a guest but informed me of about Joel’s process of making the sauces and quality standards on food prep , treated me like a VIP customer thank you Sir .
My first visit to Ireland won’t be my Last thanks to Monika , Lisa, Lucas & Beck and the while staff at Louis Fitzgerald & Joel’s ! The Irish people as a country made me feel not only welcome but went out their way to show me Dublin from Temple bar downtown Dublin to Conor McGregor’s straight Blast Gym it was all Love .

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed in the Louis Fitzgerald as a last minute trip with our 2 year old daughter. We had booked a triple room and requested a travel cot and for the room to be on the 1st or 2nd floor. These requests were both fulfilled to our delight.
Our room was lovely and spacious. Plenty of room for three people and really bright. When we fist entered our room after checking in we found it to be a little cold. We adjusted the heating and left to do some shopping. After coming back that evening we still found the room to be quite cold. When we rang reception they sent somebody up to us immediately. She was such a pleasant woman and was so accommodating. We received a second heater and that solved our problem.
We had breakfast the next morning in the restaurant. There was a fantastic choice of food available to us and plenty for our daughter to eat as she can be a bit fussy sometimes!
I can't praise the staff enough for all their help and kindness towards us and our daughter. They interacted with her on every occasion and even gave us ideas of places to visit with her.
The only flaw I have was accessing the hotel. I used to live in Dublin and remember frequently visiting the restaurant beside the hotel often. But things have changed since I lived in Dublin and it's no longer a u-turn at the traffic lights! There was a flyover I didn't know about and ended up having to get help from Google maps to redirect me! Haha.. but none the less we got there in the end! :)

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Stayed overnight recently and enjoyed our stay, Friendly staff and lovely accommodation. Room was on ground floor and very convenient...usual tea coffee facilities and comfortable warm room...heating can be controlled which is a bonus. Plenty on offer at breakfast time but you might have to search for the Fresh fruit salad as it was placed very badly away from the other cereals etc behind a screen and we didn't spot it until after our breakfast...pity as it looked very inviting!! Overall a great spot to stay and convenient to park and ride which we availed of the following day

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple