3,054 results
All reviews gusto restaurant shopping centre kudos bar kids club swimming pool family break family room tayto park the bus leisure facilities dublin zoo busy hotel lovely hotel saturday night bar food clarion cinema
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Clayton Liffey Valley with friends for a weekend trip to Dublin. Very comfortable hotel and easy accessed. Paul the manager was friendly & helpful and gave us a showround of the hotel.

1  Thank Kathrynglass
Adam H, Manager at Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Scott,

Reviewed 1 March 2018

I stayed here for business for a week in January. It is a busy hotel with lots of people about and lots happening. Always a bit of a buzz around the foyer/lobby. The room was nice and the restaurant offered a decent variety of food. Liffy valley centre is only a short walk if you fancy eating somewhere else. There is complementary access to the leisure centre attached to the hotel for guests which was good to use in the evenings.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Iain,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that You find our restaurant with a decent variety of food and that your room was nice. Hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here recently with friends for the purpose of exploring the sights and wonders of Dublin. Great base hotel to use as it is only a ten minute taxi to Dublin City centre! Staff were friendly from the receptionist at check in, to the duty manager, to the senior management. Paul was exceptional helpful and provided my fiends and I with a show-round of the hotel and the facilities they could offer. He explained the exciting future the hotel has ahead and I will definitely be back to see this! Breakfast was lovely, with a great choice of continental and full Irish. Well done team Clayton, you’ve done it again! And as you say .... your stay your way!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Samuel,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you find our staff friendly and helpful. I will make sure to share your feedback with everybody. Hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

My son booked this hotel for himself and me. He was meeting up with friends and so was I. We arrived to find that there were no parking spaces on the ground floor carpark or anywhere near to the hotel. I dropped my son off and asked him to book in and I would follow as I was late to meet my friend. Staff refused to allow him as he was 17 years old. When I abandoned my car, the reception staff asked if my son was staying alone which I said No and I informed them I was staying. Quickly, over the receptionist shoulder another stout women appeared asking me was I sure as my son was under 18! Then she quickly disappeared to a room behind the reception and a man with glasses appeared asking me was I sure. I said yes. Totally humiliating!!
I had intended to visit my friend and leave my car at her home and taxi back to the hotel but was forced to pay the extra 6euros for underground parking which was FULL to capacity!! I had to wait until a car left to find a space.
The worst was that when I cancelled my visit with my friend as I was made feel I had to stay in the hotel the room phone rang from reception and when I answered and they heard my voice they hung up - clearly verifying my stay.
I was so disgusted with the way the staff treated me - I felt I had stolen from them even when I had paid in advance for the stay, that when my son was due to come back to the hotel I collected him and drove all night home - didn't stay or have breakfast I paid for!!
Avoid unless you like playing foolish games and totally feeling worthless!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sjm S
Adam H, Manager at Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Hi Sjim,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide me with your feedback. I am disappointed to read of the issues you encountered. I would like to discuss these issues further, could you please contact me on coneill@claytonhotels.com at your earliest convenience.

I do apologize for the issues you encountered and I hope to hear from you soon

Kind regards
Ciaran O Neill

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Having used the Clayton Hotel yesterday for the delivery of a training programme, we were impressed with the standard of meeting room facilities and, in particular, the professional support provided (thank you Helena!).

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Adam H, Manager at Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Margaret,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed our meeting room facilities. I will pass your good words to Helena. Hope to see you again very soon.