3,032 results
All reviews clarion hotel gusto restaurant shopping centre kudos bar kids club swimming pool tayto park family break family room the bus dublin zoo leisure facilities busy hotel lovely hotel saturday night cinema liffey
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

One word, appalling. I haven’t even finished my stay here as of yet but I cannot wait to. The standard of customer service is absolutely shocking!

Firstly, I arrived to the hotel on Friday night with my mum for a weekend stay.I got to the customer service desk and I was notified about a 50 euro deposit that must be paid on arrival and will be given back after you leave, I was never notified about this when booking however i didn’t mind much, just not exactly ideal for people who may not have the extra cash at hand. Secondly, there was an overnight charge for parking that we were never notified about,unlike most hotels. Again, this didn’t bother me much and so I didn’t mind. We got to our room and there must have been a huge shortage on the tea and coffee supply, there were 2 teabags and not a sachet of milk in sight.However this is something reception did fix.

The beginning of the real problem started that night, the walls of these hotel rooms are thin as paper. I could hear everything even with the TV on high volume, I could hear a whole conversation from the room next to me and especially from the corridors. I let it go and done no complaining to reception, apart from tonight. There has been and there still is groups of children running up and down the corridor outside our room banging on doors and screaming. I understand children play etc and that’s why I rang reception and asked if they could ask the children to kindly stay quiet,they agreed and said they’d send a manager upstairs. However that was an hour ago and clearly nothing has been done as I still have children banging on the door as I try to sleep.

To top it off there’s a poor gluten free breakfast section and the hotel keys work when they want. In my opinion, you’d be better off in a hostel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank vacationist085
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with a colleague in January. From check in to check out we were really looked after. The food in the restaurant is excellent. The bar staff couldn't have been friendlier. The breakfast was great and Paul the Manager came and chatted to us and really made us feel welcomed. This stay was amazing and I've booked here for my next 6 trips

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Adam H, Manager at Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear Andy,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! Paul was delighted to learn of your feedback

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Ciaran O Neill

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Great family hotel . Have stayed an number of times with my family and have always found it to be a excellent hotel in terms of facilities and accommodation

The staff are very helpful and the rooms are very clean and tidy

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Great hotel for a family get away with young kids. Leisure facilities very good, changing rooms clean and warm, and kids loved the pool. Family room size standard, but with 2 adults and 2 kids it done the job and beds were comfy, cleanliness of room was very good. Dinner in the restaurant Saturday evening was a let down, service was very poor. The staff were rushed off their feet, there just wasn’t enough of them. Completely understaffed. Waiting an hour after main course for plates to be cleared and then ordered desserts and coffee. They forgot the order I presume, eventually it arrived without the coffee half an hour later and when we were getting up with a tired toddler to leave, our coffee arrived.
We arrived for breakfast early at 7am and it was a lovely tasty, buffet style breakfast that you couldn’t fault! Shops within walking distance, with pirate cove in shopping centre for kids of all ages.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Adam H, Manager at Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for the issues you encountered during dinner and I will raise them with my restaurant manager to ensure they do not occur again.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Ciaran O`Neill

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

I have stayed a few times in this hotel in the last year. It is without a doubt one of the best hotels in dublin. The staff go above and beyond to insure you have a wonderful stay. It has an absolutely ideal location. Directly across from one of the biggest shopping centres in dublin. Airport shuttle service. 10mins to heuston station. Buses into centre every tens mins ; only a few mins walk from hotel. Excellent food ,luxurious rooms.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Dear Valerie,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass your wonderful feedback onto the team. We hope to see you again very soon.

Ciaran O`Neill