Lowest prices for your stay
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
€116
No booking fees
Sean B
Cork, Ireland

Huge room, busy hotel but friendly staff

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Jun 2017
The room was huge and clean, good wifi, coffee and tea provided. Always nice to stay in a hotel with a pool and gym. Any contact I had with the staff was friendly and efficient. I couldn't fault it for the price.
Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Stephen M, Manager at The Green Isle Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 3 Jul 2017
Hi Sean,

There is not much I can say about this review except thank you.
It appears that you had the experience that you expected and felt that it was good value which is exactly what we want to hgear.
Thanks again,much appreciated.

€183
5.5 km from The Green Isle Hotel
View more hotels in Clondalkin
2,558 results
All reviews leisure facilities bar staff lovely hotel enjoyable stay free parking dublin city bus
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2017

I had checked in to stay one night whilst travelling for work. I had asked for a quiet room but was allocated a very noisy one. I phoned reception straight away (less than 5 mins after check in) to see if there was any chance i could mover to the other side of the hotel/corridor, I would have even taken a smaller/single room at the same price. Reception put me on hold but never came back to me, I phoned down again and explained to which i go a very abrupt "there's nothing I can do, we are full" from the manager. This would have been fine if it had been said in a nicer way or if the hotel didn't still have rooms showing as available on line. I booked a room in another hotel and checked out. Only at this stage did the manager at reception offer any resolution (she could have changed my room if there was a no show later). Very very poor customer service.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank tunmad
Reviewed 4 June 2017

I cannot fault this hotel in any way. The room was immaculate, modern and very comfortable, the service from all of the staff was professional, polite, friendly and most of all super efficient. The pool is lovely, breakfast delicious, free wifi, free parking, great location - cannot fault it in any way. Most of all my family were made to feel welcome and valued. My high expectations were exceeded by far. Only thing I would mention is to request a room in the new part of the building if possible.

Room tip: Request a room in new section of hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Stephen M, Manager at The Green Isle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Hi,

Wow,we look to make sure that guests leave happy and it looks like we certainly achieved that for you and your lovely family.
Thanks so much for these kind words,it means a lot.
Hopefully you will all come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

It is disappointing to write a critical review as believe all hotels try their best and are often let down by customers but lack of basic cleaning and more importantly, courtesy, to deal with an issue is not acceptable. I am a seasoned traveller who frequents Dublin on a near weekly basis and due to lack of availability in city centre was billeted here last week. After getting up very early to fly over and a long day on the office arrived and went straight to bed. The room was very large, albeit a little tired and near motorway so a little noisy but accept these nuances as part and parcel of different hotels. However, on awakening, I noticed a condom stretched over the fire alarm sensor which assume was left by previous occupant to cover some indiscretion or another. I complained and was told 'this often happens (!?)' and if so surely one of the first things that should be on the cleaners checklist; it does ask the question how long it had been there? As checking out was told someone would ring me, they did not, I emailed, no response hence this review. I will continue to press for a response as a) it is repugnant b) must break every fire regulation in force.

3  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 3 June 2017

In spite of our very late arrival,we were greeted by two friendly members of staff who made us feel very welcome. The following morning, the second member of our party spent a very enjoyable hour and a half availing of the facilities in the gym and swimming pool. Finally, we ate a substantial and delicious breakfast in a comfortable dining room setting. All the breakfast room staff were more than accommodating and everything was served with a smile.
The standard of the bedroom accommodation in room 326 was very poor. I have to commend the efforts of the housekeeping staff to present the room in a positive manner,however, room 326 is in need of some investment. While it was functional, the overall experience was one of disappointment. We were presented with a cracked mirror,a grubby armchair,stained curtains and no tray for our tea/coffee service.This room has a lot of potential and with the required investment,and some imagination, the overall experience of any future guests in room 326 will be greatly enhanced.

Hi Martina,

Thank you so much for your VERY fair and balanced review.
Regarding your room,we recently received 4 star status and have commenced our refurbishment plan to raise all rooms to meet the standard required.
It seems that room 326 certainly could have been prioritized so I apologize for that.
I hope that you will return soon and enjoy a better experience of accommodation.
Thanks again for the feedback,we appreciate it and learn from it.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

We was staying at this hotel for a family party, the room we were given looked fine at first but after a late night at the party we were woken at 7.0Clock in the morning with terrible noise from the motorway (see video) so after no sleep we went down for breakfast. Well the food was fine but the sevice was not what I would expect from a four star hotel and the staff on reception were very rude and disrespectful. I wanted them to find me another room for that night as I wanted to sleep before I traveled home, it wasn't until a Irish gentleman on reception spoke to me that anything was done , he changed our room and at least we were able to sleep that night. But I couldn't recommend this hotel ,they need to put new windows in and refurbished this hotel and send the reception staff on customer service courses and while this is happening reduce the prices that they are charging we paid four star prices for a two star stay