“Wonderful place!”

Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed 1 August 2017

This was my second stay here and I liked it better than the first! The front desk folks are friendly and helpful, especially Jasmine and Johnny! The breakfast is good, the rooms are clean, and the hotel is close to restaurants and shopping, but out of the way in a quiet location. I recommend this hotel. I stayed in a non-smoking room and it smelled clean and fresh. I love the pillows! 4 per bed and different sizes and heights. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cedartree2017
Monique H, General Manager at Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you for your review with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind regards,

Monique R. Holmes

Reviewed 6 July 2017

This place is very old, management need to remodel this place. Bathroom was very small, there is no room to move around. The furniture is very outdated. The shower was very outdated, the tub need to be replaced had to stand on one side of the tub to take a shower. There was bugs in the room. Hotel need to update website with updated pics, the hotel looks nothing like the pics online. There is a Comfort Inn next too it which is managed by the same people so why not remodel this hotel. Will never stay at this place again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Amanda P, General Manager at Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Rochelle,
I appreciate our feedback, I am sorry you didn't like our hotel. Yes we are an older property with less pizazz as our newer franchised hotel, but we are a very nice, clean, well maintained hotel with a great staff and great pricing for budget friendly guests. We work very hard to maintain our property and are very proud of what we represent. We too look forward to updated and remodeling and hope to accommodate you again and change your view the Mulberry Inn and Plaza. Safe travels to you and your family.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We stayed here a couple of nights as we visited our nephew who is currently stationed at Fort Eustis. We were in a "suite" that had a small kitchenette.

Staff was friendly and helpful at check in. Our first room assignment smelled smoky, and they quickly accomodated us with a room change.

The room was large and roomy. It was a bit dark in there. The room could have been cleaner, but not terrible. The kitchenette was well equipped with microwave and cookware, but we did not really use it. The frig was small with a freezer that was narrowed by a build up of frost.

Breakfast was decent. We stayed at 3 hotels that included breakfast during this trip. This hotel was better than a Country Inn we stayed at, but not as good as a Holiday Inn express we stayed at later in the trip.

The bathroom had a couple of problems. I believe the tub/shower enclosure was glued on over another tub and there were spots in the shower where the tub bottom had some give when you stepped. Not a big issue. However, every time you flushed the toilet there was a loud sound, something like a ship announcing it is leaving the harbor. Not bad during the day, but when you had to get up to go at night.....not great.

Room Tip: The upper room in the "suites" D section allows smoking. To avoid smoke smell you may wan...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing our property and for your feedback, I will use this to improve our property. We take pride in the experience we provide our guests and hope to serve your hospitality needs again in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Hello, all I'm here again giving you a review. This time it's on Mulberry INN in Newport News VA. The INN is right off the highway. The price is reasonable, they have three buildings I believe, We were in rooms 154, it smell a little musty as if it needed to be aired out (we had Lysol). The beds were very comfortable and the sheets were good quality.
Our main complaint was the housekeeper I think her name was Virginia she didn't want to leave us any towels in our room. We had to ask her several times as well as going to the office to pick up some towels. I must say you may want to go to the Dollar Store and buy yourself some $2.00 towels they will feel a lot softer than the towels at the INN they felt like sand paper or an exfoliated scrub rag.

Now the breakfast was a nice accommodation if you like coffee, tea, muffins, fruit. Be careful don't eat the so call eggs with cheese (they're not real eggs) all I have to say pick your own poison.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank moneyworth
Amanda P, General Manager at Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thanks for the review, we appreciate your feedback. We hope to serve your hospitality needs again in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

The Mulberry Inn was very clean and the staff were better than great if that's possible. They were very helpful, friendly and made my stay an absolute delight. If you are in the area you should absolutely stay here. This trip was for my grandson's graduation from York High School. My next trip will be to visit Colonial Williamsburg and this is where I will stay. I'm sure it will be just as great.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda J

Thank you Linda, for the wonderful review we appreciate you staying with us and are pleased that you loved your stay. We are looking forward to serving you again soon.