“Pleasant Experience”

Comfort Suites Newport News Airport
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I have nothing but praises for the staff and accommodations! My husband and I arrived at the hotel after a long day of travel. Atter delayed flights when we arrived in Newport News the hotel shuttle promptly picked us up, free of charge! When we got to the property we were greated by warm and friendly staff that got us into our room promptly. The room itself was very clean. We will definitely return to this property. Thanks to all the staff!

Room Tip: I like the 4th, no one above you.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Kimberly K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear maytheforcebewit - love it! Thank you so much for the kind words. We strive hard to provide a clean, friendly environment so it is much appreciated when noticed. We are glad you and your husband enjoyed your stay here and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My family has stayed at the CSA for a few years now for a biennial family trip.
Rooms are clean and spacious. Lots of restaurants in the area.
Compared to other places we have stayed, staff is not as friendly. They are not going out of their way to make you feel welcome.
Our reservations were somehow only booked for 1 room, not 2 even though my confirmation said 2. Luckily they had extra rooms available.
There was room for a pack and play and since we happened to be in a handicap accessible room, it made giving baths a lot easier due to the extra space in the bathroom and low tub.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kimberly K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Barb,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey. I'm surprised at your comment about the staff. We always receive such excellent remarks on the staff. My guess is it was someone new. I will find out and address this. Thank you so much for your business and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I have stayed here on several occasions for business reasons, I must say the Suites are clean, comfortable, roomy, the staff are so helpful and polite. The amenities are wonderful. The pool and workout areas were also spotlessly clean. Management at one point had to fix a problem with our door, it was done quickly and expediently. I highly recommend this loction.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Kimberly K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear Lani,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey and thank you for the kind words. We strive hard to provide excellent customer service so it is much appreciated when noticed. We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I originally booked this hotel though an online booking company. We had a last minute change and while the booking company wouldn't comply with my request to change our dates, I was able to call the front desk and they happily made the adjustment for us.
Upon arriving my family was greeted by friendly and attentive staff. The lobby was well maintained and in spite of a large group arriving just before us, the front desk skillfully managed to get them tended to and us checked in and cleared out of the lobby quickly.
The room was nicely furnished and includes a microwave in the room. The bathroom was well maintained (the first place I look to ensure cleanliness) and the beds were comfortable. The sheets were a little snug in the corners of the king bed making them pull up a little, but it could be new sheets that haven't "stretched out" yet.
The continental breakfast had what you would typically expect but one cool thing is that the waffle maker made mini waffles (no need to waste part of a great big one).
Here's where I am going to tell you why they earned a 5 rating from me which I usually reserve for the crème de la crème. There was a minor issue in the room that has been corrected and didn't interfere with our stay. However, when Kim and the Owner became aware of it, Kim called me twice, providing her home phone number, wanting to get more information so that they could determine where the problem originated, and how to keep it from happening again. We talked for a long time and she explained how passionate she and the owner are about making the hotel a home and striving to meet and exceed people's expectations. Now I have stayed at hotels where MUCH worse things have occurred, but I have never received such personal care and attention as I have here. They get a 5 from me because they went way above and beyond. I have never gotten a phone call from a resort or restaurant after-the-fact to not only apologize, but to take steps to improve for future patrons.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Kimberly K, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear Katherine,

Thank you so much for the kind words, I thoroughly enjoyed talking with you. We do strive very hard at the hotel to provide excellent customer service. The way I personally feel is that each guest here is like a guest in my home so I take constructive criticism to heart. The owner has read the review and asked me to thank you from him as well. The issue was definitely taken care of first thing yesterday morning. My husband is 6'4" as yours is and I told him he is going to have to come inspect rooms with me to catch things that I'm too short to see :)

Again, thank you and we hope to see you and your family again!

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

My daughter had to move from a different hotel and was in a bit of a time crunch. After she contacted the front desk at this Comfort Inn and explained the circumstances they were able to offer her an early check in and the rate was affordable. She verified that there was an indoor pool and it was open. This hotel is clean, the room is nice size and quiet. We have not heard hall noise or neighbors. The breakfast buffet was very good.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Kimberly K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear JTWDCW,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out our online survey. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you and your daughter. I do remember you and it was no problem at all. We enjoyed having your family here with us and we hope to see you all again soon!