See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 February 2017

We stayed there because other people from the baseball team were also staying there. There was a weird unpleasant smell when we arrived in the room. After dropping our stuff off, the baseball games, and dinner, we noticed the lobby was full of young men sleeping and lounged out. It was a bit scary to me.

Room Tip: I wouldn't go back to this hotel even if I was offered a free room.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank dgarrisona
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Even though this property is no longer a full service hotel it is still a pleasant and reasonably priced place to stay. Our room was clean and comfortable, but a little frayed at the edges. For the price it is a good value, and still has some very nice amenities such as an indoor pool and a very nice exercise room.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

My company booked me at this hotel for a night . I checked in & went to my assigned room which had a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. I went downstairs & was given a second room . I opened the door and the refrigerator was in the middle of the room with the doors opened. I went down and was given a third room. When I opened the door, a reach ran across the floor. I immediately went & checked out. Paint on the walls peeling. Obviously needs a total remodel!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank MimiPenni
Reviewed 10 October 2016

So, I used to party at this hotel back in the day when it was the Omni Hotel. HU would have parties here during homecoming and big home games. When it was the Omni, it was well-kept and very nice. I even stayed the night when it was an Omni and attended conferences as well. Now that the Magnuson has bought this hotel, there seems to be some improvements that need to be made. For example, there was a lot of condensation on the windows, cracks on the bathroom and bedroom walls, the mirror in the bathroom was rusted so badly, I thought bugs were crawling on it, but it is just a mirror that NEEDS to be replaced. There is also a smell that is with this property. I am not sure if it is from the previous hotel or what, but when I came home to unpack my clothes, my items (as well as my suitcase) smelled of where I stayed. I will say that the individuals who work there, are very nice and personable. I also slept well. The beds were not bad and one of the perks of staying at this hotel is that it is near one of the premier movie theatres and shopping areas in the town of Newport News.

The hotel has a lot of potential as it has the bones of a great hotel - The Omni. I certainly hope they are able to make the updates quickly so they can get better reviews.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Restaurant closed, no food at all, no bar, no hot tub. Only thing accurate in the description. Was a pool. Rooms were so musty that we had to re wash the clothes we hung in the closet. It was nothing at all as described

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple