“The worst”

Economy Inn and Suites
Economy Inn and Suites
Ranked #32 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Obtained my reservation through Expedia, showed up and paid for the room, I will never do that again, we got to the room and the air conditioner was junk, more like a fan, the night tablw was broken, the television, you guessed it broken, my feet stuck to the floor near the window, there was dirt and grime in every corner, I called the front desk and said I wanted out and wanted a refund, they said I had to call Expedia, and get this, I gave them the money for the room. Called Expedia and they intervened then informed me I would have to wait 5 days to get my refund, at this point I am getting pretty steamed, so I tell the guy I need to get to a place with a working air conditioner, finally Expedia tells me the guy is gonna give me a refund and that it was his friend, now I know why the place looks so good on Expedia.
I go down to get the refund and the clerk tells me he will refund me for two nights and that this night was non refundable and I had to leave immediately.
Expedia will be hearing from me, but in the meantime avoid this place like the plague , saying it is a dump would be a discredit to dumps everywhere.

Room Tip: Please go to Jameson Inn same price as the dump, but a stellar place to stay, got us a room on a mom...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 May 2016

The pictures used for this hotel are not of this hotel. RUN AWAY! Drunk people and crack heads in the parking lot, and the most disgusting room I've ever had to stay in. The towels had stains on them, it wasn't vacuumed and the place smelled of stale cigarettes. DO NOT BOOK!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2016

We recently traveled to newport news and stayed at this local motel, we were surprised about to room after checking in from previous reviews we didn't know what to expect, to our surprise the room was nice and clean new bedding and Flat screen tv. The bathroom was very clean and smelled clean as well, you could tell that the room had recently been painted and new wood floors had been placed in the room, the area was not to bad either, clean parking and lots of lighting. We will be back for sure when we visit the area.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2016

I have stayed in numerous hotels over the years and never have I seen one as disgusting as this. The room smelled of stale cigarette smoke, the refrigerator had mold around the seal and on the shelves. The carpet in the room was filthy and we refused to take off our shoes because the carpet had sticky substance everywhere. Called the manager and complained and was given a second room but that room was no better. The bed linens were stained and filthy, the bathroom shower curtain was molded and there were numerous people just milling about outside the room around the cars all night. This is not worth the savings that you think you are getting. Paying a little more for cleanliness and peace of mind is a much better option. I will never stay in this hotel again and would never recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: STAY AWAY- Don't Choose any room at this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2015 via mobile

I've been staying here for 3 months on different occasions. I've paid these people over $3000 today is May 8 2015. On May 1 when checking in after they told me my room was ready I cleaned the room 4 half off on this date. I gave Mike $275 $25 for the first n $250 for May 2-9 2015. Today our privacy was interrupted with harassing calls to exit the premises unless we pay. I am now seeking legal help because out checkout date is tomorrow. Not only did Mike talk very nasty to me but barred me off the property. Monday morning codes n compliance will be here because not only has he cheated me out of my money, the sockets has no cover(fire hazard), the air has been broken all week n he never came to fix it. The people u might think are nice are actually unprofessional n rude.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family