Quality Inn Newport News
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Pre-booked a room week before arriving on Friday night for 1 night. Check-in was quick at 8:30 pm. Sleep was fine, beyond the regular un-concerned guests. Breakfast was nice eggs, sausages , waffles, and the other carbohydrates you usually find.
Right off highway, easy off & on.
Would stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Got in late so we did'nt get to enjoy the indoor pool and hot tub. The hotel seemed well kept and met our needs. Hot shower, good water pressure and towels. We had a quite inner room, no outside noise. Negatives, the tv needs updating and the beds were hard as a rock. I WANNA ROCK!!!#

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night. The staff was pleasant and the sheets and bathroom were clean but this chair in our room was gross. We had to stay in a smoking room since that was all that was available. The room was on the third floor and there is no elevator that I saw. The hallway was very dark. Also the room was very close to the interstate so between that noise and the noise from the air conditioning unit, sleeping was not ideal. Breakfast was okay. I will not be coming back.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
JAY P, Manager at Quality Inn Newport News, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Dear Gueast,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent stay with us! It is our #1 priority to make sure that you are satisfied with your accommodations, so it is extremely disappointing to hear that you were less than pleased with us during your visit. Please except our deepest apologies! We hope that you will give us another chance to make things right during your next trip to Newport News.

Jay Patel
General Manger.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE AND DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS! Each room is SUPPOSED to be equipped with a refrigerator, HOWEVER, there was NO Fridge and the front desk person went into another room to bring me a fridge that DIDNT WORK! My medication was supposed to be refrigerated and MY REQUEST WAS STILL IGNORED...THE FRIDGE STINKED! ALSO, the beds are horrible and very old. YOU SIT ON THE BED AND IT GOES TO THE FLOOR...out of order notes on all door including the ice machine....I LEFT A NOTE AT THE FRONT DESK ASKING THE OWNERS/MANAGERS CONTACT ME (they aren't there on weekends I guess) ABOUT MY ISSUES AND NEITHER ONE OF THEM REACHED OUT WHICH SHOWS THEY DONT CARE about their customers. I provided my name, phone number, address and concerns. Walking pass the front desk the following morning, I was told by the clerk the owner got my note but just decided to not contact me pertaining to my concerns. 3 floors with NO elevator...STAY AWAY and I hope they are shut down really soon.... Mrs. Glenn

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
JAY P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Newport News, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Dear Valued Guest

GM

Reviewed 23 October 2016

I stayed here for one night on business in August 2016. This is a very basic hotel with no frills. I was satisfied with the room, location, parking, etc., but there was no breakfast. That was a challenge and for the money, even a modest breakfast is a reasonable expectation.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Brandy K, General Manager at Quality Inn Newport News, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Thank you for reaching out to us. We apologize that you were not satisfied with the hotel, the room accommodations and the service you received from our staff at that time. Your feedback will be forwarded to the hotel management for improvements. We hope for another chance to have you as our guest at any of our Quality Inn in the future.

Jay Patel