US$108
Hampton.com
US$88
US$56
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$67/night.

US$140
Hotels.com
US$159
US$79
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

US$112
US$80
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

US$97
US$95
Priceline
US$214
US$158
Residence Inn
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

I arrived with a party of 5 and was downgraded to a double due to a water leak. We were never notified prior to arrival about the issue. There was no space for a roll out bed so we just made do for 4 nights. The hotel was dirty and rundown. It resembled more of a motel. They have roaches and the pool area was unclean and dangerous. People smoked weed in their rooms and you could smell it in the hallways. The area did not feel safe. We never got our suite and decided to check out early. I emailed the general manager and she never replied. I asked for the name of the owner and they would not give me the last name. I would highly recommend finding another hotel.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Elizabeth A
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed in Newport News as we brought a student back to CNU late at night. When we arrived we were given vague directions on how to get to our room. The lighting is so poor on the outside we had to go back to front desk to find our room. The outside rooms are for long staying customers. This makes the entire outside of the building very undesirable and the residents in this area seemed sketchy. I was ready to go someplace else and just eat the cost. Finally got to our room. The tv did not work plus if it did there we no remotes to use with them. The shower was cold water and did not drain. The beds were hard and most uncomfortable. The next morning we head down to breakfast and were greeted in the hall by overwhelming stale smoke smell but that was better than the smell of the lobby as it reeked of dirty bathroom water. The breakfast was advertised as full hot breakfast. It had 3 hot items that were not very good. I chose cereal and it had a hair in it. No it was not my own!! Needless to say you do get what you pay for. So from now on I will not rely on pictures and go the extra dollars to a better place.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank angela1438
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

I booked a suite for my family of 5. Got there to be assigned a double room on the first floor near the lobby. I was told that the hotel had a flooding that resulted in a low number of suites available and that someone was suppose to contact me prior to my arrival, but they never did.
I was not satisfied with the size of the beds.
I asked to view what they had available. I saw the first king suite, it was old and stuffy with dirty curtains. The clerk had to dust off the sofa bed. I declined and was shown another room...that was similar to a large motel room.
My hubby and I decided to keep the double because it smelled and "looked" clean.. as long as they provided a rollaway.
The male clerk (Darius:I think that's his name) was amazing and tried his best to accommodate us.
This hotel is very run down!! The shower rod was broken.. i discovered a nasty blood or vomit stain on the bed skirt when I tried to kill a crawling bug late that night. The spread was grossly torn. There was an unknown splatter on the wall. The rollaway look beat and was held together with a plastic bag.
I did alert management on everything and she gladly reimbursed me for my one night stay.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Maddy D
Reviewed 8 August 2016

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend as we were in the area for a large Softball tournament. We arrived late Friday evening and when we got to our room it was not the cleanest and smelled. The cabinet that held the TV was broken so the TV kept sliding out in the middle of the walkway and the cabinet door was broken and hung out as well. On Saturday morning my daughter and I awoke at around 5:30 to get ready for her tournament and when she got in the shower the water was so hot it literally scalded her. As we were in a bit of a rush due to the water situation we could not tell hotel staff that morning of the issue. When we arrived back at the hotel that evening after we had been outside in the heat all day we immediately notified the front desk about the water issue and we were told there was nothing they could do that it was something in the pipes and they had called someone to fix it. I thought we could fill up the tub and then put ice in it to cool the water but after 9 buckets of ice the water was still so hot that we were unable to bathe or wash our hair. We ended up having to go to another hotel where a friend was staying and use the shower in their room. At checkout I told the staff about the situation and was given $20.00 of my total bill which I do not feel was much compensation considering what we dealt with. I would NEVER stay at this hotel again!!!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Leslie M
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Very nice hotel with a very customer service staff that will accommodate the guest in a very professional manner. I enjoyed the first floor room with easy access to the front lobby and the side door to enter my room. Free breakfast is always good.

Room Tip: Any room is a very good choice
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business