See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 August 2016

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend as we were in the area for a large Softball tournament. We arrived late Friday evening and when we got to our room it was not the cleanest and smelled. The cabinet that held the TV was broken so the TV kept sliding out in the middle of the walkway and the cabinet door was broken and hung out as well. On Saturday morning my daughter and I awoke at around 5:30 to get ready for her tournament and when she got in the shower the water was so hot it literally scalded her. As we were in a bit of a rush due to the water situation we could not tell hotel staff that morning of the issue. When we arrived back at the hotel that evening after we had been outside in the heat all day we immediately notified the front desk about the water issue and we were told there was nothing they could do that it was something in the pipes and they had called someone to fix it. I thought we could fill up the tub and then put ice in it to cool the water but after 9 buckets of ice the water was still so hot that we were unable to bathe or wash our hair. We ended up having to go to another hotel where a friend was staying and use the shower in their room. At checkout I told the staff about the situation and was given $20.00 of my total bill which I do not feel was much compensation considering what we dealt with. I would NEVER stay at this hotel again!!!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Leslie M
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Very nice hotel with a very customer service staff that will accommodate the guest in a very professional manner. I enjoyed the first floor room with easy access to the front lobby and the side door to enter my room. Free breakfast is always good.

Room Tip: Any room is a very good choice
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

My family and i stayed for a week Pool pictures are very deceiving housekeeping sucks breakfast was OK loved the banana but muffins front desk staff was very nice they seem to have long term residents but there is one that was very very creepy!! He lives in the first apartment on second level facing front parking lot He kept watching us and other ppl every move! Parking is horrible at night so get in at a decent time or your butt out of luck

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Dahniyah H
Kelli L, General Manager at Point Plaza Suites & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I apologize for the issues you had while being here. We take pride in our property and I will definitely look into these issues you have addressed. Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention.

Reviewed 11 July 2016

First and foremost, I will say that the stay for two nights was relatively inexpensive but this was a case that you really get what you pay for (or rather, don't pay for). I selected this hotel based on the price and the 3.5 rating I read on Tripadvisor and also the photos. I was looking for a hotel for a large group of friends (8 other rooms) I was traveling with to stay there as well and to note, they all had issues with the hotel as well. I had received a call 2 days prior to my stay that the suite room I booked had to be changed due to a pipe burst and they needed to put us in a standard room. The front desk people were nice but they seemed quite lax in showing concern...perhaps they hear too many complaints??? I checked in at around 5:00 p.m. and give a key to (room #1) but there were people in the room with a baby crying.....head back to the front desk. Room #2 key given and we went in to find a room not cleaned at all (perhaps people were still in there as well?) ....head back to the front desk! Finally....a room assigned we could use! The room was dated and in dire need of repair; the lamp shade broken and falling off; the table broken and tilted; the bathroom very dated; a TV that you had to figure out how it worked with the two remotes as there was no written instructions; and small miniature pillow that were very lumpy. The positives: A/C worked well and the shower with good water pressure! The pool area was enclosed - it looked clean but was ungodly muggy and felt like you were in a sauna.

I could live with all the lack of amenities but it was the other guests of the hotel that made it close to intolerable. It appears that there were people living at the hotel full time (on the outside side rooms of the hotel) and it was side of seedy and at times, scary. The people across the hall from us occupied 3 rooms and had about 10 people IN EACH ROOM with kids (6-12 years old) running up and down the hall, pounding on the doors, opening and closing doors. It was continuous for HOURS! I went to the front desk to ask for help and the answer was "I'll talk to them." I asked the front desk guy...."do you allow that many people in a room?" He didn't have an answer for me. It quieted down for a bit but started right back up again. It was not a peaceful stay due to the other guests. My car got keyed pretty bad in the parking lot and also, it appears that someone punctured my tire as it was flat. I surely cannot blame the hotel for it but again, there were some very (what appeared to be) unsavory individuals staying there.

Room Tip: Is there any?
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Valerie S
Kelli L, General Manager at Point Plaza Suites & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I apologize about the issues you faced at check in. We take pride in our hotel and I appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention so they can be addressed.

Thank you again for taking the time out to write the review.

Yours in Hospitality,

Point Plaza Management

Reviewed 30 June 2016

Besides sharing space with roaches and waterbugs, our TV was messed up for half our stay which caused us to move to another room. HUGE INCONVENIENCE!!!! The indoor "heated" pool is NOT heated at all and was actually really cold and even their maitenance man admitted it to me saying it was a LIE!!!!!! Last but definitly not least, I accidentally slept in past 10 mis past check out time. I offered to pay for another night for the inconvenience and I was told NO YOU NEED TO LEAVE NOW!!! So I pack up my things and go to the lobby to wait on my ride and the clerk rudely tells me I must leave the property. I tell her Im waiting on my ride and she threatens to call the police. She tells me to wait with all my luggage OUTSIDE DURING THE HOTTEST TIME OF THIS SUMMER DAY ON A BENCH!!!! So I ask her for her name and she covers her name tag and tells me "YOU DONT NEED TO KNOW MY NAME!!" but eventually she took her hand off her tag which reviealed the name CHARITA!!!!!! She needs to be fired immediately!!! My daughter is a supervisor at the front desk at a Marriott and I know if she spoke to someone in that manner she would be fired ASAP!!! I will NEVER EVER stay there again even if I was paid to do so!!! DO NOT WAIST YOU MONEY!!!! cause its not worth it. PRESS THE BACK BUTTON NOW AND FIND A DIFFERENT HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family