Residence Inn Newport News Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewstwo bedroom suitefront deskrole modelcommunication skillswelcoming smilecomplete breakfasthot cakesprofessional behaviorlarge sausageoutdoor basketball courtmarriott websitefull kitchenwafflesthe kitchen staffcranberry juicemy home away from homeguest services
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2011

This hotel is really nice and clean. The staff is very friendly. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is a very pleasant one. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2011

Thanks for your wonderful comments and we are so gald you enjoyed your stay with us,please come back and see us!

Reviewed 19 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel over a four day weekend. Danacey Harvey was able to turn a bad situation into a great situation, by her helping us understand the points system and her contacting marriot rewards reservations and clearing up our confusion. Great JOB!! The hotel was very clean,great location, and great food for breakfast. Top notch!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2011

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us, Danacey is a true asset to this company and she loves taking care of allhere and that is to take care of all guest. Hope you will visit us again in your future travels. Thank again!

Reviewed 17 October 2011

This place was great. New design with a very chic lobby, well prepared breakfast (complimentary), clean and well appointed rooms. A table for 4 and a desk in the room provided plenty of work space. One of the best of many RIs I've experienced.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I had a catastrophe in April 2011. My home caught on fire and I loss everything. My insurance company put my family and I in the Residence Inn in Newport News, Va. while our house was being repaired. I have a wife and two young children, ages 11 and 10. I did not know what to expect for a long term stay in this hotel. It was the best stay that I have ever encountered at a hotel. The staff welcomed us with a very warm welcome. They received myself, my children, and I with the utmost respect. The was very professional, courteous, and friendly. When we checked in it was more of a business type relationship, but, rapidly moved to a friendship relationship. They became family to us. They treated us as a close knit family would treat one another. They allowed us to live as though we were really at our home as long as we did not disrupt anything. We were allowed to invite our family and friends to our place of residence and they received them freely also. It is a very comfortable atmosphere. We even recommended other families to come stay there for there vacation spot or just a weekend stay. One thing that I will always say and believe is that work reflects leadership. Ms Becky, the manager there is doing an outstanding job. I do not know what she is doing to get the quality of work that she is getting out of her staff, but, she has the personality that any hotel manager should have to run an effective business. From her, to the front office staff, to housekeeping, to the kitchen staff, down to the maintenance, this hotel is the best by far that I have had the priviledge to stay at. We were there for terrible reason, but, the love that was given to us eased the hurt and helped us to move on in spite of our situation. The children were content with everything and everyone as well as my wife and I. We do not want to leave and the staff do not want us to leave. This is a new addition to my family that I will keep in contact with. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay where the hospitality goes above and beyond that of what is expected. Thank you Ms Becky for your management skills to lead a positive business and place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2011

This is the best kept hidden secret my son friends said when there children have there birthdays they want to have it here. The kids had a ball they were able to be kids out side in the pool even play video games in the room . 8 highly recomend thiss hotel for any family event ect. Michelle

• Stayed: March 2011