“superb fixed lunchtime menu good value”
Review of Le CroMagnon

Le CroMagnon
Ranked #7 of 101 Restaurants in Meribel
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2018

have eaten here winter and summer for twenty years. a young couple took over the restaurant a few years ago and have made it a great success. i love the sliced tuna and
the buttered sliced carrots. the puddings are also excellent. recommend the terrace outside in the summer.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I have already reviewed this place twice . The last time, three months ago I had a moan about a lack of superb veg for the sake of one euro. Again, this time , nice place to go but,why o why not impress us with something green. My fish had polenta as it’s accompaniment and zero veg. My wife had a superb filet steak with a pile of sliced carrots , last seen at my grammar school . Why spoil a great event for one euro !! Maybe I just don’t understand the French palette. But why are the super markets rammed with great veg if no one eats it. I think the French do but they too get taken for a ride in the name of profit. Big mistake!!! Come on let’s make this a great venue instead of continuing to disappoint. The filet steak and my fish were great so I am really sad to be writing this. The café gourmand was great too! Quelle dommage.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 12 May 2018

We try to eat here, for Dinner, at least once per ski trip and certainly have done that for the past 20+ years. The ownership changed about 5 years ago, but it was a seamless change. The food is as good as ever, a great (inexpensive) Wine list and fabulous service. You'll need a reservation since it gets full. The best restaurants are always full. All the dishes are magnificent, but I like their main courses that have a plate of veggies on the side.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

We had a superb lunch here. Lovely little terrace just a short walk from the piste , just below Rond Point. Well worth the effort as the food was superb. We had one of the best filet steaks ever..very tender and cooked perfect. After that a great dessert with fresh fruit and real cream. This is very popular in the evenings but not so well known for lunch. It is well worth finding this one for lunch too. Exceptional food and reasonable prices all round. Lovely friendly service. The also do a special lunch menu that is excellent value.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Not only was the Head waitress rude on arrival, she was also rude when we asked for our bill as we needed to return with the local bus. The food was very ordinary and the service made it worse.