“Unique experience!”
Review of L'Ekrin

L'Ekrin
Reserve with
L'Ekrin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 101 Restaurants in Meribel
Price range: US$131 - US$279
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Unique experience with the tasting menu, impeccable service and food! We went to the all truffles menu, from starters to dessert, although truffle was very subtle (too little for me) in some courses, the overall menu was great!

Laurent A, Chef Exécutif - Directeur de la Restauration at L'Ekrin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello Hermes B,

A big thank you for this beautiful message.
We are delighted that you have had such a beautiful time. The satisfaction of our customers is always our first concern.

Be aware that I put more than 15 to 20 g of black truffles per dish on the menu. I nevertheless hear your remark.

We are delighted to count you among our loyal customers and hope to welcome you again to discover the evolution of L'Ekrin and especially that of cooking.

Thank you again for your text which highlights our know-how and our know-how.

Looking forward to see you next season,

Greedy friendships,

Reviewed 17 March 2018

A wonderful dinner in a Michelin restaurant. We opted for the a la carte menu and were not disappointed. The langoustine starter was just phenomenal as was the lamb main course. The chicken dish was very tasty but slightly dry. Accompaniments also delicious. Dessert-wise we had the apple and chocolate dishes which were equally superb. The sommelier also made fantastic recommendations for the wine. All-in-all a must-do in Meribel!!

Hello Inges105,

A big thank you for this beautiful message.

Thank you again for your text which highlights our know-how and our knowledge to be.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I just came back from Meribel like 4 hours ago and I was compelled to write this review. Inusully never give reviews good or bad but in this case it was necessary.

Just to clear I am not writing just to critize I would like to state that I consider myself a completely food lover. I spend my money mostly in food and normaly know the cities and towns by the places there are to eat doing exhausting research and testing. I am proud of saying that I have been lucky enought to eat from 3 Michellin stars restaurants to the simplest cheapest streetfood trucks and I have found most of the best meals I have eaten in those given that food is about flavours, sensations, traditions and history.

Yesterday I went to the L’Ekrin with my wife expecting to have at least a very good meal and good experience. Starting with the good things, the best about the place is the team. The Maitre, the barman and the waiters are incredible, the attention and the devotion for the service is remarkable. It is a pity that food was not even close to that level.

Good chefs need to love food. The chef of le L’Ekrin did not seem to like it at all. The best thing we had was the soup (I was not in the menu we ordered, it was a courtesy appetizer), the butter with thr organic bread (better the natural than the truffled butter) and the dessert.

We ordered the trouffle menu because it is season and it was recommended (About 200€ a person just the menu, without beverages). Since we finished the soup everything started to go to lower levels. Nothing had any punch, anything surprising or risky (something you would expect from a Michellin star restaurant), but preparations were not even flavorfull. At one point after having the artichoke I said the Maitre “I honestly can not tell if this is good or not) but I remained open minded.

When you ask for a truffle menu you expect the unexpected. In this case truffle was just simply slices of it on top of everything and maybe some in a sauce. Not integrated, not cleverly prepared, not challenging to the customer.

I ate in 8-9 different restaurants if 5 days and I had a better experience at any of then than here. If you go to Merible try La Grange or La Table in Mottaret. Much better spent money.

I honestly do not understand how L’Ekrin has a star. It represents everything that can be critized in this kind of places: very very overprized, pretentious, more show than actual food. I would understand if anyone whos first Michellin Star experience was here, would not want to try otherone ever.

1  Thank JavierG1777

Good evening sir,

I want to thank you or not for your comment. Thank you, yes, for the satisfaction you have had with my staff. This is a welcome return in view of the work they do in the room and the pleasure of satisfying customers. On the other hand, and given the houses you usually visit and of course it's still honorable, I let you go back and enjoy the cuisine of its exceptional houses. For my part, and for my part, the menu Truffle, is one of the most selected in the menu and it delighted all customers as much by its greed, its variety of taste and flavor, as the quality of the products used to his confection. it did not seem to be at your convenience, it's a shame, and I'm sorry.
From there to afford some comment, you are pitiful.
I can assure you and far from wanting to convince you or reassure me, but I love more than everything my job every day, every week, month and years that pass. I have this flame that enlivens me and that lights up every morning and I give myself as a mission to give the best of myself to each preparation and every plate prepared for my clients and hosts of a night. This message could have hurt me but I leave you to your rancor, because my room director, contacted you the next day to invite you to have a drink at the bar of the hotel at my request to discuss it viva voce and to have a direct return rather than once again having to deal with a coward; you pretended to be rapartis at home while you were still on the station. Too bad, and if you act like that in your daily life, here is a beautiful image that you give.
You are that kind of customer who makes think that in a next time where we will have to take a table at more than 22 hours, order passage at 22H30 and despite everything, my teams bend to your wishes and give the best of them by my side to satisfy a dissatisfied customer and blaser of everything.
I thank you finally, because I learn thanks to you, what not to want to look like, and to remain humble, honest and frank.
With my sincere thanks for having at least tried my table.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

From the reception to my departure everything was first class. The staff could not have been more accommodating. I opted for the Menu Unik (all about the black truffle) with the associated wine pairings. The atmosphere was so comfortable, all I had to do was sit back and enjoy the ride. The courses were presented in a very well-paced manner (I never felt rushed). The chef has clearly earned the Michelin star as everything I had was excellent. Thank you Chef Azoulay and staff for such an exceptional evening. I highly recommend Restaurant l’Erkin.

Laurent A, Chef Exécutif - Directeur de la Restauration at L'Ekrin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Hello Jimfromohiousa,

Laurent AZOULAY

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Superb food in modern atmosphere. All the dishes were very well prepared, not a single detail you complain. Service was what you expect from Michelin restaurant, except couple of times when wines were not served as the next course was served. Strong recommendation for fine diners.

Hello Juhahi,