“Lovely evening at a good price”
Review of Le Refuge

Le Refuge
Ranked #49 of 101 Restaurants in Meribel
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I hope Le Refuge will continue in the winter to provide equally good value food. Let’s wait and see. The summer menu was simple but adequate. Entrecôte frites 22 euros etc . Five of us shared a platter of Carpaccio de Boeuf and a platter of charcuterie for starters and with a glass of wine it was a winner. The mains of steaks and pizzas and tartiflette were really enjoyed. (Real chips not frozen- big plus)And 90 mins later smiley faces and goodnight. Steph, our waitress was an absolute joy. Well done. Let’s see that great ambiance, value. etc follow through this winter. I have been sceptical about Le Refuge since it changed ownership awhile ago. Let’s hope I’m proved wrong. It’s the winter season when I need to be convinced. Fingers crossed.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my family enjoyed a lovely meal at Le Refuge last night. The service was great and the food was excellent. Best food so far this week in Meribel.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Turned up thinking of well we’ve had some rich food this week, the Savoy, Indian, Michelin starred food etc.. let’s have a plain pizza. But wow, best pizza we’ve ever had, the Savoyard and the chicken and pineapple was the best pizzas.

Staff friendly and efficient, also really well priced.

If you like thin crust, non stodgy pizza then go here. Will be back.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

My husband and I had dinner here after a long day on the slopes and although the cheese burger was tasty and pizza was quite good, I would not advise dessert. We had the apple pie and lemon tart which were very average. Service was fast albeit quite unenthusiastic, the waiters and waitress seemed slightly more interested in their personal conversations.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Great if you like cheese. Fondue and pizza is the main selection of this menu. However we went for the lamb and the scallops and vegetables. The food was good, no complaints. The service was average not concerns but not exceptional. I felt the price was quite high for what was given but that’s not new for most of the restaurants in Méribel.