See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We knew in advance that there was no elevator. OK we were warned but if you stay on the 3th floor and you have to climb a lot of stairs it's not so easy with bags. The owner and some of the crew at the hotel are friendly but there was one member of the crew a very young guy who could not laugh and wasn't friendly at all. All visitors agree that he needs to choose another job or must adapt his behavior. Perhaps it was family but event then he must be aware that his attitude is not done: never a smile, never a friendly word, never the word please or ...
All rooms needs also have to be refrished. But no complaining about the food and the cleaning.

Room Tip: Perhaps on the first floor
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2017

I suppose it's a family run business, as people who we spoke to were very friendly and very hospitable, very nice and polite to us.
We had a large room for 3 people, clean bedshits, clean towels and bathroom.
The surroundongs is great, however the church is too close and it was very noisy early in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2016

On arriving at hotel, we were greeted and although little English was spoken we were able to communicate with staff, who were very friendly and helpful.
We had a room at the front, which is great if you like church bells and the sound of motor bikes at all hours. Although our daughter had a room at the back and did not hear any of this. There is no outdoor space to sit although you are welcome in the bar area of hotel eating area. Bedding lovely and clean although the mattresses were rather hard. No English brochures so research where you want to visit before you go. Saturday market was very interesting and definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for back rooms if you want the quiet, but these have no view.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank otter222
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Very good value typically French lovely restuarant with windows onto street, menu very good local food the house wine excellant value left with a thick head, was very moorish.rooms a bit old fashioned but comfortable. Breakfast typical french plenty to eat and loads of coffee.small car park at side of hotel. Handy place for Benidictine monastry, and shops of the town and harbour. Was able to book over the phone without a deposit required ( The Engish hoteliers could learn from this) will definatly go again probably this November.
Note dont know were wavygravy 60 was probably likes places with no character.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2014

Stayed here on business, the rate was €68 which seemed a reasonable price but I was to find out why later. The place needs money spending on it as the carpets were grubby, paintwork tired and the rooms are very dated. My room had a decrepit shower which was barely warm and doors which were on a spring which you had to squeeze through in an attempt to shower. The bed was OK but had two huge out of shape pillows which were not comfortable.

I paid an extra €7.50 for breakfast which was a joke. I went into the breakfast room which resembled a school dining hall. I had to have a second look because there didn't appear to be any of the usual breakast items there, such as cutlery and crockery on the tables, food etc. I sat down at a crumb strewn table to get my bearings.

I eventually located a coffee pot with some old coffee in it, found a cup on a shelf and poured myself one. There were some cartons of fruit juice on the top of the coffee machine, most of them empty, but I eventually found one with something in it, pineapple...bleagh.

There was one large table with two families, and they had hoovered up the bread and criossants, which appeared to be rationed. Eventually the lone member of staff on duty appeared with a couple of baskets, which she set down. I did not move as quickly as the kids next door, and these two baskets were lifted over to the big table and hoovered again! I don't blame them, but there was so little food to go round!

Finally after about 20 minutes wait, the waitress plonked a single small croissant on my table. That would be all I was to be offered so I ate it and checked out. Or tried to...as the card machine would not accept my cards. I then had to withdraw cash and pay while the receptionist/waitress/cook made a fuss about having to find change for me.

There are many better places to here, if you want to. It's a tired little town where nothing much happens out of holiday season.

Room Tip: Rooms on one side have a view of McDonalds but are quiet, rooms on the other have a view of the cathedral but noise from the busy road. Take your pick....
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business