All reviews mini fridge place to sleep one night market tv beds
Reviewed 7 June 2017

I was traveling along I-81 and just needed a place to sleep. This place had pretty good reviews so I figured I'd give it a try. It is definitely no frills, but it had everything I needed; mini fridge, microwave, tv. For $40, I got a fairly comfortable bed with hospital clean sheets and clean everything else. Some people are turned off by older places, but everything worked well and there was plenty of room. I returned a week later on my way back, this time with my girlfriend, and she enjoyed it, too. Close to New Market so easy access to eateries and local attractions.

Room Tip: All rooms are on ground floor so you park right by your door. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 340gleng
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Woman at check-in beyond rude and inhospitable. When we asked to see a room, she said "No ", this is a budget motel and I'm not going bother to show a room. My wife and I exchanged looks of disbelief and left. How do they stay in business.?

Room Tip: Unknown, we were not allowed to see a room
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane W
Reviewed 4 March 2017

Picked the motel because it looked cute and was facing the mountain. Check in area unremarkable but quick. Each room has a thin wagon wheel on the outisde and two new chairs outside to enjoy the fresh air and the view. The room had a king bed,regular furniture microwave and fridge( one shelf broken but in perfect working condition). In lieu of a coffeemaker it had bags of instant maxwellhouse with packages of sugar and creamer. Also a small,package of cookies. Bathroom had a very large shower but unfortunately very little water pressure. It had shelves behind the toilet hat offered more space than most hotels. The back window had been covered and now had a cute black bear cut out and the walls were stenciled with flowers. More than I expected and I watched the sun rise over the mountains in the am.

Room Tip: non smoking rooms except for outside. Room next to laundry will give you only one room next to you smoking.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqueline K
Reviewed 7 October 2016

The price quoted over the phone was extremely inexpensive. When we arrived we could clearly see the grounds were unkept and the motel was antiquated and not in the best condition. Outside the brick walls and walkway were broken and falling apart. We thought maybe the rooms were acceptable but before committing we asked to see the room first. The woman replied "No, I'm eating dinner right now. If you want to see a room go across the street to the Budget Inn." Shocked with such rudeness we were at a loss for words. We traveled a bit further and fortunately found a lovely Inn.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2016

We usually make reservations in advance whenever traveling on busy highways but did not this past weekend on a return trip from Vermont. The hotels along Interstate 81 in Virginia did not have vacancies so we decided to use our Garmin to locate something close to the interstate. We discovered Blue Ridge Inn in New Market, VA which as one of the owners joked is "retro" but extremely clean and provided a comfortable stay. The price was excellent for a king size room which provided a microwave and small refrigerator which is something some of pricier rooms lacked. The mattress was firm, but comfortable. The decor was quite whimsical and the views were outstanding. The town of New Market has a lot of charm. If you are looking for luxury, do not stop here but if you need a clean, comfortable stay with a great view you might want to consider Blue Ridge Inn

Stayed: October 2016