“Eh.....e”

Budget Inn--New Market
Budget Inn--New Market
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in New Market
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Upside the staff was polite and courteous. It's in a great location.The sheets smelled clean and the room was tidy looking. I have to agree with other reviews though....it's a little rough...switch plates duct taped together, new paint messily slathered over old paint. Walking on the carpet in bare feet was not a wise choice. There was an in room fridge that was handy but it froze my road snacks.
As a single female staying here I did not sleep well.
Unless it is the only option I would have to say Drive on.
I spent 15 bucks less at a Motel 6 on the return trip and it was 10 x better.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 November 2017

The first room (114) assigned aesthetics looked better but refrigerator was broken. The second room (115) has so many problems. Bathroom door didn't close, no cover on bathroom light, no cover on bathroom air vent, the door to neighbor room was not closed and was broken, many baseboard heating covers were held together with duct tape, and the last straw was the bath tub. You can't take a shower if the water doesn't come out. You can't take a bath without a plug. I could go on about the petty little things like dusting and cleaning. How is this place even in business? It should be condemned. The pictures I took are available on another site.

Room Tip: Stay in Luray
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

We had some problem with most things in our room. Everything is very dated, the heat didn't work, and the bathroom hadn't been cleaned, but it served its purpose. There is a small playground out front, but No pool or free breakfast. Nice staff.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Devon B
Reviewed 17 February 2017

This hotel is in pretty rough shape. We stayed because we found a coupon in the Hotel Saver at a rest stop in Virginia. Simply needed a 1 night stay to break up the drive from Canada to Florida. Wish we hadn't stopped in New Market.

They didn't honour the ad in the Coupon book because that room was unavailable. It only cost an extra $5 thankfully.

The wifi barely worked. The room was quite dirty. Our expectations weren't very high and we were still let down. You can hear everything outside. Found it hard to get a good nights sleep.

But, for $35, I guess you can't expect much. It sufficed but I would definitely avoid it in the future.

The hotel owners were friendly at least and did their best to address the spotty wifi by resetting the router twice.

The vending machine ate my dollar when I tried to get a bottle of water and they didn't refund it because it's operated by a 3rd party.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jordan M
Reviewed 11 November 2016

It was close to I81 and the scenery was beautiful but the motel should be closed down for health reasons. I stayed here part of one night and couldn't wait to leave. No caulking around the tub so when you stepped into the tub, water came out from underneath all over the floor. If you moved while in the tub, you got seasick from the motion of the water under the tub. When I sat down on the bed, I found the bottom sheet had been thrown over a torn and ragged mattress pad which did not cover the mattress. If you moved, you would be on a bare mattress. While getting ready that morning, the power went out. Also, the outside temp was 41 and there was no heat in the room. You could feel wind blowing through the windows and door. Advertised free WiFi but there wasn't any, Microwave was dirty. The bathroom light worked partially and the ceiling fan showed bare wires with no cover. No wonder the power went out. They didn't answer the phone when I called about the heat.

Room Tip: Stay if you are desperate. Felt like I was in Mountain Top Motel....
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Comfort Inn
#2 of 4 in Woodstock
1.4 km away
Days Inn New Market  Battlefield

Been to Budget Inn--New Market? Share your experiences!