FindHotel
Destinia.com
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 November 2017

A small most friendly and homish hotel. We arrived later than expected and the lady owner was waiting for us. She was very pleasant and nicde. Coffee cattle was available so we could have whenever we wanted. Breakfast was nice. Excellent hospitality

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tina_HotelFjalar, Owner at Hotel Fjalar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Hi! Thank you for reviewing us and we're very pleased for the 5 'stars/dots' that you have given us . It's always nice to have such a lovely customers like you to stay in our small Hotel. Have a nice Autumn & looking forward to seeing you one day back in Hotel Fjalar!
Thanks again & best regards,
Tina / owner of the hotel

Reviewed 7 July 2017

A bit off the city center you can find this family run(?) hotel, which is easy to arrive by car and has free parking. When you enter the hotel and a dog comes to greet you, you know that you are not in an ordinary chain hotel. Instead you are in a homey place which offers you really big clean rooms, a small indoor swimming pool and friendly staff. Breakfast wasn't especially original, though. It was rather standard on Finnish scale.

There isn't much in the vicinity of the hotel, since it's located in a quiet residential neighborhood. But it's a good stop for families, at least for one night. There was some noise coming through ventilation system from another room (we heard clearly how two women were laughing), but fortunately they didn't keep noise for too long. Note that some parts of the hotel are obviously accessible only by stairs.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2017

It was such an experience staying here!! If you want to find a home-stay place and get closer to Finnish real daily life, here is definitely the best choice! Real Finnish breakfast, beautiful decoration and really warm service! And a lovely old calm dog!!

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Tina_HotelFjalar, Owner at Hotel Fjalar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Thanks for the lovely feedback, it was such a pleasure to have you stay with us! Our old dog also says hi and we all wish to see you back some day. Br, Tina

Reviewed 21 January 2017

I stayed here for some weeks 5 years ago in the summer, but I still couldn't forget it, was memorable. It was the first hotel I ever stayed within Finland at that time. The landlady - worth to mention that it's a family-owned hotel - was such a nice and kind person as well as all the staff, I agree with everyone who says it's just feel like home.
Rooms were really nice too - I stayed in 2 different ones - I especially liked the one with the entrance to the nice green garden, enjoyed the sun there for a while.
Loved the fresh, home made bakeries each morning and the decoration of the common places overall, were really cozy. The hotel itself is not so crowded, with not too many rooms and peace & quiet.
They even had a historical collection of Nokia phones/articles on one of the corridors, I found it as a really good idea :) I'm not sure if they still have it.
There was also an indoor swimming pool next to the saunas, but I only tried the latter. As I can recall the landlady had a cute dog, who loved to be around as well :)

This year I had to go back to Salo for a weekend, but I couldn't get a room unfortunately in Fjalar, anyway I took a walk there from the center, just to remember the good old memories ;) Thank you!

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 26 April 2016

This is one of the friendliest hotels I have stayed in for a long time. Nothing is too much trouble for the owners.
The rooms have everything you need, including free wifi, and are clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent, and the common areas are very welcoming. Perfect for a short business trip to Salo.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Tina_HotelFjalar, Owner at Hotel Fjalar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

Thank you for your lovely feedback. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. Hope to see you soon again. Take care!