All reviews fruit platter hot water pedestrian street refreshing pool beautiful hotel rooms are small loved this hotel couple blocks five nights the main square central location costa rica two blocks nice breakfast breakfast was included ceiling fan cable tv
Reviewed 19 August 2018

This hotel was one of the best we had during our trip through Nicaragua.
Great location near city center and restaurants. You immediately feel at home and welcomed by the very helpful staff. Beautiful patio to relax in one of the cozy spots. We had an upgrade to a suite like room in a very quiet corner of the hotel. The tropical breakfast is incredible if you like fruits. Great support from the staff for small practical problems. A perfect stay.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2018

My young adult daughter and I spent a week in Granada and after our first couple nights in another hotel, we found this treasure of a hotel and moved here for the next five nights. The rooms were impeccably clean, the beds were comfortable, shower worked well, quality breakfast choices in nice patio setting, pool maintained well, and pleasant staff! Great walking location and only a couple blocks from the main street, but quiet and calm in the hotel!

Room tip: We had one of the larger rooms on the ground floor. Air conditioner functioned great!
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We loved this hotel. The rooms are basic, comfortable, clean. The garden and balconies are lovely and a great place to sit. The concierge was amazingly helpful and friendly and fun. We all loved it here. 2 adults, 2 kids ages 11 and 13.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2018

The hotel is in a quiet side street close to the main cathedral square but away from the noise of traffic and late night gatherings! It is built around a square garden where breakfast is served and a pool garden complete with bar! All the rooms overlook the pool garden and we could see Mombacho volcano from the balcony outside our room. The rooms were small but comfortable with air conditioning which was very welcome. The hammocks and poolside chairs were ideal for a rest in the heat of the day - we tended to explore in the morning or later afternoon to avoid the heat.

The hotel only serves breakfast but the main restaurant street is close so there is plenty of choices of eating places. But do not miss breakfast - it is superb! I especially loved the tropical fruit platter - but you needed plenty of time to finish it!

The staff were very friendly and welcoming and always ready to answer questions. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I have been coming to Nicaragua for 20 years and usually stay at the Hotel Colonial. This time I figured I would try something different, and I am glad I did. While our room was nothing special - its was clean and utilitarian - the hotel itself is beautiful and oozes charm. Also given its location street parking is not an issue and it is close to everything. I would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2018