All reviews living room and kitchen speaks fluent highly recommend staying here feel right at home san francisco convent family atmosphere el garaje quiet hotel hot water in the shower masaya market nice bathroom a great stay rice and beans quiet street quiet at night each morning toby
Reviewed 15 April 2018

I spent a night in Granada in April 2018 and I couldn't be happier that I chose to stay at Il Padrino Hotel. Gaby greeted me and gave me some great recommendations on things to do and where to eat as well as helped me figure out travel accommodations for the rest of my trip. The room itself was very quaint and clean. It had everything I needed including a small safe which I thought was a great feature. The breakfast was typical for Nicaragua - fresh fruit, scrambled eggs with cheese and ham as well as beans and rice. Very delicious and filling. This hotel is a great deal for the value and I would definitely recommend this place to all my friends.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I highly recommand the place. It is well situated in the heart of Granada, right next to the San Francisco Convent, just one street away from Parque Central.
Gaby made myself feel like home. She is helpful at any time. The room and amenities are quiet, clean and air conditioned. The hotel is cosy. You get the choice of breakfast (granola or typical, and a big bowl of fruit). I left the hotel on the day of my birthday and she brought me nacatamales to try as a breakfast. A very nice gesture. I couldn't ask for a better place to stay and discover Granada. Thank you so much for everyting !

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2018

My daughter and I spent a few days with Gaby and Toby last December. Run by a family, we found our hosts knowledgeable and willing to offer information on the area as well as assist in booking tours. We had purchased a painting in Granada and after carting it around for a week, we lost it. Gaby not only helped us locate where we bought it from, she brokered the production of a replacement and sent it off to us in Canada. That is personalized service!!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We absolutely loved staying here. So much so, we extended our stay by 2 extra nights. Gabby greeted us on arrival and was so helpful during our time there. Toby took us on a tour which included the Masaya market, viewpoint of Laguna Apoyo and the night visit at Masaya Volcano. All for $30 which was great value.
We were lucky and had the room which is detached and faces the garden. We would often sit outside in the mornings and evenings. The room has a fan which is very effective. There is supposed to be hot water in the shower but this worked intermittently, although the weather was so hot it wasn’t a problem. Breakfast was plentiful and included rice and beans, eggs, toast, potatoes and a yummy salsa. It’s a really quiet hotel and located near to town. I would definitely recommend this place to stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Il Padrino is a lovely place to stay in Granada and the price includes a hot, homemade breakfast. The owners, Toby and Gaby, both of whom speak English, are extremely friendly and helpful who will help arrange tours. It is a small hotel and all the rooms open onto a lush enclosed garden. Each room displays one of Toby’s gorgeous abstract paintings. The only downside is that there is no pool. The location is convenient and close to the central plaza and the pedestrian mall where people congregate to enjoy good food and drinks, shopping, entertainment and conversation.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo