All reviews front office two bedroom suite small community other guests fully equipped kitchen comforts of home short walk place to stay home away from home rocking chairs every morning highly recommend hotel always felt safe the security guard watermelon within easy walking distance few blocks
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

This was one of the few places in Granada that could accommodate our family of five in one room and we are so glad we found it! It’s intimate and relaxing. You get to know the other guests because it’s a small place. My kids befriended another family and played daily in the pool during the warm afternoons. We had the suite and it was large and beautiful. The a/c worked great. The breakfast was lovely and served in the beautiful courtyard each morning. All of the outings the staff helped arrange were wonderful. Do understand that all the restaurants are near the central plaza so expect to walk 10-15 minutes but even our five year old got used to it and it was a great way to get a feel for the residential areas of Granada. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and getting to know Granada.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
lombardomb, General Manager at Condo Hotel Xalteva, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

It was wonderful to have you stay with us and it was a joy to have both of your families meet and have fun in the pool! We hope to have you back again. Next time you are in the area we can show you a bunch of newer restaurants only 3 to 5 blocks away such as Sr. Tortuga, Gallo Pinto Cafe and the one in front of the Merced Church. I have been to all of them and they are a lot closer and a lot quieter then being on the Central Plaza. We are glad you enjoyed getting a feel of the residential areas, it is so important for us here at Condo Hotel Xalteva to be integrated in the local neighborhood and community.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My husband and I and another couple stayed in one of the main floor two-bedroom condos for the month of March. The location is great because it's in a quiet area but only a 15 minute walk to central park and lots of restaurants. Breakfast is excellent and the staff are all fantastic. We were able to book taxis, shuttle and tours at the hotel. We cooked lots of meals in the well-equipped kitchen.

Room tip: We chose a main floor condo which was great because it's close to the swimming pool.
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NicaJay, Owner at Condo Hotel Xalteva, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

It was a pleasure having you as guests at our condo hotel. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I was in town for the yearly yoga festival (Yoga Fest Nicaragua) and as an international teacher was offered this location as a place to stay as they were sponsors of the festival. The location was in walking distance to the event and in a very safe and quiet area.

I along with my friend and her young daughter, enjoyed the outdoor amenities and the friendly staff. We were inspired to record ourselves on video teaching about mindfulness and yoga techniques.

We highly recommend this place as a beautiful getaway within Granada.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
MelissaAndJay, General Manager at Condo Hotel Xalteva, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

It was so nice to have the three of you stay with us. I am glad I had a chance to get to know you at the Yoga Fest and at the Condos. You all had such a wonderful, positive energy and we hope to host you again for the next festival or on any other occasion.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

This was the second trip to Granada for my wife and I, and the last time we stayed right in the Parque Central area. While it was beautiful, it could be quite noisy at times. Just so that everyone understands - Granada, like most towns in Nicaragua, is ALWAYS noisy. DO NOT go there expecting "peace and quiet"! You WILL be disappointed! You are experiencing a culture, go live in it! At all times of the day, every day of the week, there are celebrations, fireworks, bands, vendors, horse carriages, birds, dogs, roosters and parrots all vying for attention. Contrary to popular belief, roosters do NOT only crow at sunrise!!!
You need to have some understanding of Spanish, although we noticed a few more English speakers in the tourist area this year. This time we were looking for something outside of the business area, but still within walking distance. You are STILL going to hear roosters, dogs, and the occasional firecracker no matter where you stay, but the Central area has the most activity. Condo/ Hotel Xalteva was just far enough away from the center, but still a quick easy walk to the "tourist area".

The Xalteva property is beautiful, and walking through the front gate is like being dropped on a tropical island. It looks JUST like the pictures. The pool is large and clean with a great waterfall feature, and is surrounded by palm trees and tropical flowers. There is small tiki hut where Ana and Ivana prepare breakfast every morning (included depending on your package). Tables and a hammock are located on a patio under a shady, vine-covered trellis, the perfect place for a quiet cup of coffee or to read a book. There is a gas grill available if you want to grill your own food (there is a Pali market about 2 blocks away with excellent meat, chicken and basic staples). There are plenty of lounges around the pool. There is a bottle service for rum, beer and wine during the day.

We opted for a suite for our two week stay. Suites have a fully equipped modern kitchen and definitely are the way to go, although the smaller rooms are very nice. If you want a good view of the Mambacho Volcano, I suggest a 2nd floor suite. You will also get the occasional view of an iguana or a rooster sunning themselves on a nearby roof. The A/C was only used a few times as there was an almost constant breeze through the windows.
The accommodations are immaculate, the beds are comfy, the towels are soft, the linens are better than you will find in most Central American hotels. Pool towels are provided. The balconies have comfortable rocking chairs and small tables. It is very easy to meet other guests and we had many interesting conversations sitting on the balcony in the evenings. You feel like you belong to a small community.

Condo/Hotel Xalteva is a beautiful place, but it's the staff that makes it just perfect! From Melissa the manager, to Anna, Margarit and the rest of the staff (even the nighttime security guard) they are just unbelievable. They made us feel more like family than guests.The service was amazing, always with a smile, and their English was SO much better than my Spanish. There was nothing that we needed that wasn't immediately provided, from an extra pillow, to advice on tours, taxis, and customs. I even got some help with my Spanish.
I swear, I never saw a staff member that wasn't busy and smiling. The common areas (tile walkways and balconies) must get mopped 10 times a day! We saw Melissa attempt to eat lunch one bite at a time over a three hour period while taking care of guests, staff, and maintenance. She never sat! The security guard at night swept up flower petals, separated trash that some guests didn't, and watered the plants.I wish I could start a business and steal them all!

We will definitely go back to Xalteva next trip!

Room tip: Views of Volcano Mombacho are available from the second floor balconies
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JW664

Oh my goodness. I am smiling ear to ear with a few tears on each side of my eyes. This has been a day brightener. I very rarely am at a loss of words....Thank you. We love our guests and want our guests to have the best time as they possibly can while visiting Granada. We tailor each moment as best as we can and reviews such as yours motivate us to continue giving the best of ourselves. It was wonderful to have you stay with us. Thank you so much. This is definitely a review that will be translated, printed and shared at our next staff meeting. Thank you!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Staff very nice,helpfull, perfect setup for vacation with nice breakfast beside the pool. Well located in Granada. You can even park your car inside the walls of the hotel. The pool is very clean with chairs and palm trees surrounded by beautifull flowers.

Room tip: We really enjoyed renting a condo with 2 rooms attached. Lots of space, kitchen well equiped with living room and TV
Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Palm trees, coconuts, ginger, lemon grass, mint and bougainvilleas are just some of the flowers and plants you see on the property. Thank you so much for appreciating the serene, garden setting that we work so hard to maintain.