“Lunch visit”

Buddha View Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 281 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Unique Food. Thai Classics and European signature dishes. Homemade pasta, Pizza, Bread, Australian Tenderloin Steak, Seafood BBQ, real Coffee.
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

We both had different dishes and the was ok but as we normally rely on TripAdvisor ratings we were really disappointed with the service. No smiles no thank you for the tip we left. Really feel this place is resting on its reviews. Wouldn't return.

janderycke, Owner at Buddha View Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Sorry to hear, the last thing we do is resting on reviews, we will look into your remarks...
Thanks for sharing

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

I visited this restaurant enchanted by a successful logo, location and nice atmosphere (as it seemed to me for a moment).
I walked with curiosity and the need to taste good Thai cuisine. My friends and family checked another restaurant at the same time. After reaching the place, I heard romantic music and saw a nice interior in a beautiful water scenery. The combination of black and red suits me very well. Everything looked very tasteful and nice. I asked one of the employees in English about what cuisine the restaurant runs.
The waiter or barista only made a very silly face and spread his hands. His face showed impatience and lack of willingness to cooperate. I received conflicting messages. A good-looking, well-dressed and fashionably trimmed Asian guy with black nails replies to me discouraged and impatient ...

I was about to leave, recognizing this place as snobbish, but ...

At that moment another man came to me. Tall, smiling, bald, handsome with European appearance. He greeted me with beautiful English and answered my questions. I checked the menu and prices. I did not feel rushed or discouraged. I felt encouraged and went to get my family and friends. However, on that day the group decided otherwise. Or maybe just providence over us. I promised myself that I would visit this place with my family. And so I did.

A few days later, after a day spent on the beach, we went to relax for a family dinner.

Unfortunately, it was a mistake !!!

We felt as if the charm of a good fairy did not work anymore. There was no trace of the tall Gentleman. Customers were left alone. Most of the tables were booked, and there was aversion to the customers in the air and on the faces of the staff. This time I decided not to put my vigilance and intuition to sleep.
Politely and with a smile I asked the waitress for a table.
This is my 3rd week in Thailand. I noticed that if you are nice to people and you smile, they do the same. A beautiful country and people!
Now it was supposed to be different.

Our waitress spread her hands in a gesture of helplessness. At the same time she showed her boredom with the whole situation.
We took the only free table (at the entrance). There were no nice views from this table. I asked for a menu. The same waitress gave the cards and wanted to take the order from us immediately. She waited and look at us with disdain. I asked for a few minutes to think, because the atmosphere was really hard. The waitress snorted at me and went away. Do you understand this? She snorted loudly and clearly at her clients. My wife felt unwanted in this place. She knew I would like eat at this place and I've been talking about it for several times. Therefore, the decision to stay was left to me.

On this holiday my wife moves on crutches, and I wanted to make her happy. Just like my tired four-year-old daughter and my mother-in-law. That's why I invited them for this long and demanding walk (this is the last restaurant on the pier).

I thought that a few people can not be wrong and we have to leave. I told the waitress we were leaving and she "snorted" again! Then she said something in Thai to the staff behind the bar and all the employees burst into laughter.

My family left, and I decided to complain to the manager of the premises. I thought that this place does not deserve such service. Someone put in a lot of effort to arrange everything tastefully and thematically.
Unfortunately, the manager was styled the same empathic man from the first day (from behind the bar). I was not discouraged.
I said the place is beautiful, but we leave this place because of the terrible atmosphere and bad manners of the staff. I told him I was saying this because I feel offended as a client.
Manager asked disparagingly what I meant. I explained calmly again that I mean the behavior of employees and the level of service. I said I was neglected and I feel offended as a client.
The manager asked me again what I mean. As if he did not listen to me at all. I quietly told him about the behavior of a particular waitress and loud display of reluctance and contempt by making sounds.

At that moment happened something that I did not expect.
Manager attacked me speaking to me (note): "And how would you be pregnant and have to serve customers, so what? You can not imagine it? "

The words: „I'm sorry, excuse me, thank you for your opinion” didn’ appear.

That was far too much.
I am glad, however, that I kept my stony face and replied that "my imagination and experience say that if a pregnant woman feels bad and can not work, she should stay at home and rest.
So he as her manager should let her go home for the sake of her health. "

The manager looked at me with anger and contempt. I felt that I had to go. The waitress triumphantly said something to her colleagues. Again, it grew merrily behind the bar.

Only I went with a sour face. Although I would rather eat sweet and sour Tom-Yom soup and fresh seafood.

Dear travelers. Please read also unfavorable opinions, because it can make your day and save the money.
Let's stop supporting bad places and let them disappear or change for the better.
A few days earlier someone wrote a critical opinion about this place. I have only reached her now. It happened when I gathered the courage to describe my impressions. Detriment. I would save my time and the honor and/or good mood of my family.

I feel you are very disappointed in your stay, you visited us 2 times and did eat with us. As it is very busy now we can not always give you the table of your choice, I think all our tables are worth a try though...
we discussed this matter with our staff and they told us you were very unhappy and short to them. We always try to make your experience wit us a good one, but we need a fair chance I think. you left before ordering drinks and after you write a review as if you had spent a whole year with us...
I'm truly sorry we disappointed you, i hope you feel a little better by now.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Great ambiance to this place. You're literally out on the pier and I can't think of a better location on this side of the island. Food is good but lacking the complexity in flavors and spices.

janderycke, Owner at Buddha View Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thanks for reviewing us

Reviewed 10 January 2018

We had lunch today at Buddha View Restaurant.
We sat near the front, dangling out legs through a hole in the floor towards the water.
As we have 3 kids i was a little concerned about my kids falling in the water, they do not listen and rarely sit still.
The food was good and the experience was enjoyable.
There were several items that we ordered that were forgotten but these were rectified as soon as we mentioned it.
This is a lovely restaurant, food is good quality and location is memorable.
We will be back.

Thanks for visiting us, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Cool restaurant with good food and views - both across the bay and through the floor to the sea bed.

Thanks for reviewing us!