See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2016

The rooms were very clean and huge! We stayed in a three beds and had like two rooms. They provide also tea in the room and includes a normal breakfast. The owner is very nice and give us a discount with no problem as it is low season. The location is great and they have a nice rooftop so can eat something from Street or just have some drinks with a nice view. Really enjoyed the stay here.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Analilian_16
Reviewed 6 February 2016

I believe that this hotel suffers from the well known "Lonely Planet's Syndrome"...Once the establishment makes its way into the guidebook, customers flock to it and the service collapses...Typical backpackers' place but run down and not worth of the money...Only positive side: the central location (although noisy as it is on the main road) and good advice from one of the receptionist. Not recommendable. Good luck!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2015

The staff was friendly and the rooms were spacious and the air con worked well. The wifi worked really well too. It was good for a 1 night stopover. There is not much else to do here apart from catch the train from here to Hsipaw.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank WoodyTravels1
Reviewed 9 May 2015

Found this hotel when the one we had originally booked in the town was too filthy to sleep in. Bravo fitted the bill ok. It's basic but it's location was good (short walk to the Spirulina beer bar). I never expect too much from budget hotels but the manager was a star and a pleasure to talk to.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeanie A
Reviewed 30 April 2015

I stayed at Bravo Hotel, in Pyin Oo Lwin, for one night in April 2015 as break on the journey from Hsipaw to Mandalay.

I should note, first, that I had intended to stay at Cherry Guesthouse, four doors up the road from Bravo, which had been recommended by friends. However, upon my arrival, I found Cherry fully occupied, so tried my luck at Bravo - taking a single A/C room for $20, inc. breakfast. This is very expensive for Pyin Oo Lwin, particularly in low season.

To my surprise, not long after checking-in, I was verbally by a staff member - little did he know that I understand Burmese. At first, I felt this was perhaps some miscommunication, however, at breakfast the following morning (breakfast amounts to two slices of toast and some instant coffee), the same thing happened: two members of staff used expletives in conversation with each other, criticising myself and another western traveller.

Then, on checking out, the owner attempted to overcharge me. He claimed that I owed Government tax: something that is not applicable in Pyin Oo Lwin.

In conclusion, I felt, throughout my stay, that hotel staff distrust and exhibit disdain towards foreign traveller. Indeed, I heard, in conversation with a restaurant owner the morning after checking-out, that the hotel has a reputation for overcharging foreigners.

All in all, avoid this place. There are plenty of other budget options in Pyin Oo Lwin.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo