See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 April 2015

I stayed at Bravo Hotel, in Pyin Oo Lwin, for one night in April 2015 as break on the journey from Hsipaw to Mandalay.

I should note, first, that I had intended to stay at Cherry Guesthouse, four doors up the road from Bravo, which had been recommended by friends. However, upon my arrival, I found Cherry fully occupied, so tried my luck at Bravo - taking a single A/C room for $20, inc. breakfast. This is very expensive for Pyin Oo Lwin, particularly in low season.

To my surprise, not long after checking-in, I was verbally by a staff member - little did he know that I understand Burmese. At first, I felt this was perhaps some miscommunication, however, at breakfast the following morning (breakfast amounts to two slices of toast and some instant coffee), the same thing happened: two members of staff used expletives in conversation with each other, criticising myself and another western traveller.

Then, on checking out, the owner attempted to overcharge me. He claimed that I owed Government tax: something that is not applicable in Pyin Oo Lwin.

In conclusion, I felt, throughout my stay, that hotel staff distrust and exhibit disdain towards foreign traveller. Indeed, I heard, in conversation with a restaurant owner the morning after checking-out, that the hotel has a reputation for overcharging foreigners.

All in all, avoid this place. There are plenty of other budget options in Pyin Oo Lwin.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Johnathon M
Reviewed 5 April 2015 via mobile

The owner is so friendly and helpful. Super accommodating and lovely to speak to (he has great recommendations). Location is convenient. Breakfast included, pretty average. Bedroom has AC & hot shower, pretty standard. You get what you pay for!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank teamacdee
Reviewed 15 March 2015

Some aspects of the hotel are nice, the stair way, and the antique decorations dotted around. The rooms however were dire. Ours smelt so strongly of moth balls, was covered in dust and didn't seem clean at all, the bathroom was unclean, old, had 2 showers for some reason, and the sink was pretty disgusting. We saw the seating area for breakfast and just left as we couldn't face it. The staff are really nice though.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2015

The Bravo Hotel is centrally located in Pyin Oo Lwin. We stayed for one night in one of the upper floors. The hostel owner is very friendly and speaks good English. The rooms are average and be aware, that nights can be pretty chilly temperature wise. We enjoyed the exceptionally good wifi connection. Also the breakfast location on the roof top of the hotel was remarkable.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThaiRichard
Reviewed 6 December 2014

From the outside it looks dirty and not really attractive butinside it is ok. The owner is friendly and speaks good English but the rest of the staff not. The hotel doesn't display any information for the town but if you ask the owner he will help you.
The room is OK but not very clean, fungus on walls and bathroom needs replacement. The TV is very old and image is not clear. Room has no view, facing a building.
It is close to restaurants and breakfast is nice and on rooftop.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo