“Transition- Awesome!”

Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Peruvian, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Landing Restaurant is Smith Mountain Lake’s premier dining destination featuring waterfront views from almost every seat in the house, waterfront deck seating and a lakefront bar. The menu at The Landing offers impeccably prepared Modern American Cuisine with a touch of Andean Nuevo influences.
Reviewed 27 June 2018

The interior was redone, the menu redone, the tasting tabled added- and all - an improvement to this restaurant. And the server and service was on point!
The Lobster pasta dish was fantastic. The variety of menu items and price is now there for anyone and everyone from burgers to ribeye and lobster.

The combination of bar food and fine dining, bar and dining room, and you can choose what to eat where...is the key to the renewed restaurant success.

ozzymoose, Owner at The Landing Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words we love the remodel too. It feels more like us and has opened a new chapter at The Landing. Bruno and the team are clearly enjoying the changes too, I think this is my favorite menu to date.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Went for a romantic evening with my husband. Have not been there for a few years and thought we’d give it another try. Atmosphere is great but that’s the only thing great about it. Drinks were watered down and wine by the glass selections few. The worst part is that we had to wait an hour and fifteen minutes for our entree. Entree arrived cold and my swordfish was over cooked and tough. I left it on the plate. I felt sorry for our waitress who kept coming back to apologize for the extreme delay. We will not go back again even though it just takes us 15 minutes by boat. And definitely will tell our friends not to waste their time - or money as it is very expensive.

I am so sorry you had a bad experience when you visited. I am surprised by your comments about drinks and wine selection because we offer 10 ten wines by the glass. We do make all dishes at the order and multiple courses can take time and an hour can happen if we are extremely busy. I again am surprised your food was not perfect because we don't usually have complaints. I hope you talked to your server because if you had an issue with your meal they should have tried to fix things for you.

I you do decide to join us again please make sure if you have any concerns to address them with your server so we are able to make your visit wonderful for you.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner for anniversary and had a nice table for 2 next to window. Nice beer selection including wines. Our waiter Matt was excellent and explained in detail specifics of some of the dishes. Also a nice Peruvian selection. For appetizer we had the tomato basil dumplings and sautéed calamari in a delicious broth. Both were absolutely delicious and so tasty! Main course - sea bass and spaghetti with meatballs. The sauce and meatballs were the BEST I ever had. I worked and ate in NYC for 20 years and this dish topped some of the best meals I had in NY!! The sea bass was presented beautifully and it was light and tasty.
There is also outside dining and a cozy pub and bar area. Will definitely come back and dine outdoors! If you want ambiance, great service and the BEST food in the area you must go to The Landing! You will not be sorry. There is nothing comparable to this wonderful restaurant in the area!!

Thank you for joining us for your anniversary and taking the time to write about it. Glad you enjoyed it! Looking forward to having you with us again soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2018

The food is always excellent but very high end pricing. The space was recently remodeled but it lost its cozy, lake feel ambience. It’s so loud it’s hard to have a conversation, it’s like eating in a mess hall. Difficult to even hear the waiter. Feels more like a urban city restaurant, drab, cold, gray color scheme. We have eaten here for years but probably won’t go much anymore unless we eat in the bar. When we eat out at with food prices this high, we want it to be quiet and relaxing.

2  Thank vmimom

I am sorry you do not like the remodel, most have stated the complete opposite. Most feel it is light and airy with a modern feel, this is what we were trying to achieve. It is a bit louder that before but we have added sound absorption systems to help, also with it being summer season we are busy and just the sheer volume of guests make things louder.

I am glad that we do have additional dining areas at the bar or on the deck that may be a better fit for you.

Thank you for your continued support.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Outstanding food, service, and ambiance! What more could one want?

The newly redesigned restaurant is a “must do” if you are in the area. Clean and nice - and a new menu to match! Lots of great appetizers and main courses.

We had the lobster/avocado salad, meatballs, Chilean sea bass, fried oysters, and much more. Great wine and fantastic service.

Thanks Wiley for the kind words! Looking forward to having you with us again soon!

Tiffany