1,563 results
All reviews gold cup wine bar zip lining family pool car service fire pit sheila johnson turn down service horseback riding four seasons infinity pool rooms are beautiful steam room great weekend girls weekend every staff member common areas
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

Salamander Resort and Spa is a beautiful gem in the cute little town of Middleburg. My husband initially wanted to take me to Willow Grove Inn, in Orange, VA, but since I'm the planner and I hadn't gotten around to making reservations until 2 nights prior to our anniversary , the inn was full. What a wonderful thing that was for me because I found this gorgeous resort which was only an hour and fifteen minutes away and it was much more "my taste"(. Although the room rate was more than the other place, I booked immediately because I knew I would not be disappointed. My husband and I both had a wonderful anniversary! All of the staff were friendly and extremely accommodating. The car service to anywhere in town within a 5 mile radius reminded me of my stay at the Ritz Carlton Club in Vail. This speaks volumes for the level of service we received from Salamander Resort and Spa! It's hard to believe they've only been open 3 years. I could go on and on but I'll wrap it up by saying that I will definitely be back, with my husband...and without him, for a much needed girl's weekend with a few close friends.

Date of stay: January 2017
Reggie C, General Manager at Salamander Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Dear Sherlonda A,

We are so happy to hear that you found the Salamander Resort for your anniversary getaway and that you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 3 January 2017

The staff was amazing - especially Mason in the Bar. He was charming, and made sure we had a wonderful stay. The resort was beautifully maintained. Service was timely and always courteous. The food was amazing. The Audi car service was such a treat -the drivers were always polite and fun. The grounds were gorgeous and we were able to bring our two dogs. Two dog beds, treats bowl and water awaited them when we arrived. In the evenings, there a large fire pits outside - fun for all guest. On New Year's Eve, they held a big party in the 'Living Room', Music, champagne party hats and balloons. It was wonderful. Can wait to go back.

Room tip: Rooms on the fist floor have terraces for dogs.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reggie C, General Manager at Salamander Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Dear FWDC,

Thank you for spending New Year's Eve weekend with us and bringing your dogs as well! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 30 December 2016

If you love horse country, the outdoors, or just being pampered, this is a fantastic place to visit! Beautiful grounds, wonderful equestrian activities, and much more! Everyone at the resort was very friendly and helpful. Even thought this is a very high quality resort, it was not stuffy at all. There are so many activities and it is great for couples, business or families. We really enjoyed our stay and plan to return again next year!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear forrestc901,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

We loved everything about this place. It is so comfy and service oriented that you feel completely taken care of from the minute you walk in. It is dog friendly and they make a point of welcoming your dog and asking about them throughout your visit. The library and lobby are wonderful for reading, chatting or even dozing. We inadvertently waited to make spa reservations and everything was booked. We kept checking back and luckily there was a cancellation! The spa is ridiculous -- in a good way! We loved spending a couple of days here just to get away with the kids. We definitely will be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reggie C, General Manager at Salamander Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Dear ten-13,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your stay. We are so happy that you were able to enjoy the spa and bring your dog with you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 30 December 2016

And amazing, highly professional, and wellness oriented "Heaven!" Prestine grounds, equestrian delight, and over the top service without compromise. Culinary experience among the best in the Blue Ridge area!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear jeffreyp761,

We really appreciate you leaving this feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!