“Fabulous”
Review of Tortino Mare

Tortino Mare
Reserve with OpenTable
Tortino Mare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Reviewed 22 August 2018

I'm almost hesitant to write the review as I don't want this place to become so popular you can't get a table. We visited for the first time a few weeks ago. I never write a good or bad review after only one visit, so last weekend we returned with two friends.
The environment is comfortable and diners are not so close to each other you bump into people as in some restaurants. Authentic Italian cuisine. Calamari and veal marsala are among the best I've had, and I've been to Italy many times. Mushroom and sausage risotto was fabulous. Linguini with clams fabulous. Everything we had was delicious. Good selection of wines that won't make your credit card scream. Service could be a little more attentive and we had to ask for a few things more than once. Would also suggest regular Italian bread rather than the focaccia that is served. I called and made a reservation the week before, but there was no record of it. Fortunately we arrived early in the evening and were able to have a table. Recommend reservations for busy times.

1  Thank WheelzUpGal
Tortino M, Manager at Tortino Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thank you so much for your review and kind words! We strive to give our guests the very best-whether that be experience, service, or the food-and are so glad we met your expectations. Nothing makes us happier than a satisfied diner. Please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve been celebrating all month long and when I heard so many fabulous things about this new place, it was on my list!! I went for an early lunch on a Sunday with my mom. The service was fantastic - Brayan took excellent care of us and we went with one of the pasta specials - tagliatelle. YUM!! Our meal ended with special birthday tiramisu. I work at a school, and we are all anxious to try happy hour at this lovely restaurant. Beautifully decorated.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

I absolutely love this restaurant! Not your typical italian restaurant, with some unique fare, some staples, great wine selection, and the decor is stunning and cozy.
Been here for both lunch and dinner, pizzas are incredible, entrees have been just as incredible for dinner... The Maiale was amazing! Presented just as pictured and tasted just as good. Husbands palate is a little less adventurous, but he really enjoyed the Strip steak and rigatoni. Dying to try their desserts and happy hour menu! Hidden gem in our little area of the city. Love it!

Tortino M, Manager at Tortino Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Thank you, Shaun, for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our Italian dishes, wine selection and atmosphere. We hope that you will be back to enjoy our Maiale again soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Great experience. Wait staff was attentive, helpful and polite. Food was amazing. Fresh pasta made daily and fresh fish. The Alfredo was surprisingly not heavy as it is in many places, shrimp were cooked perfectly and delicious. The fresh pompano was truly the highlight of the meal, the best seafood we have had in the area for sure. Lightly seasoned and some olive oil, a culinary delight

Reviewed 8 July 2018

We stumbled upon this restaurant on a late weekday afternoon. Kind of difficult to find and in a sad, little strip mall, However the food and service were both excellent. Javier our server made a few suggestions and even brought out some fresh fish including Branzino (Sea Bass here in US). My wife settled on the crab Ravioli in a lobster bisque sauce and indulged in a pasta bolognesa. Appetizers were very good. We shared a plate of San Danielle ham and balsamic vinegar. Wine list covered the best regions of Italy and house Chianti went very well our meal. Definitely recommend trying this place. Reasonably priced and food is fresh and inventive.

Tortino M, Manager at Tortino Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thanks so much for the great feedback regarding your recent visit to Tortino Mare. Our team aims to provide each and every guests with delicious food and excellent service, and we're happy to hear you had such a great experience with us. Your feedback will be passed along to our staff, and we hope to see you again in the near future!