“Comfortable stay”

Holiday Inn Lynchburg
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Stayed at Holiday Inn Select for one night while visiting with daughter at nearby college. I had a comfortable stay. Upon check in, front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Check in was quick and easy. Stayed in 2 double bed room. Room was nice and clean. Bed was comfortable. Nice firm pillows. Hotel lobby was well maintained. Ate at Lunchbag, the hotel restaurant, for dinner. Bring your appetite. The serving portions are large. Food was delicious. Thank you to Miss Maxine for being a wonderful server.

The hotel offers a gym and pool. Did not use gym, but I did check it out and noticed it looked clean and well maintained. The pool was closed for the season.

Overall, this is a nice hotel, in a good location!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 October 2011

We set out on a road trip to Lynchburg for a wedding. We stopped at the Holiday Inn where my wife's aunt had made reservations for us.

When we arrived I walked into the lobby to check in. The lobby was very nice and open. I began to check in with the staff. As I turn around I see my wife walking in with my daughter. Knowing I had left the keys on the console, I asked her if she locked the car. She said she had (meaning the keys were locked inside). Once the staff heard this, they immediately pulled out the phone book to help us search for a locksmith or some other way we could get inside. Fortunately, for us, the car in fact did not lock and not locksmith was not needed. I was, none-the-less, very impressed with the staff for trying to be so helpful.

When we got to our room we found a very nice place with a very comfortable bed. Everything worked like we expected. And after a long, long day of traveling, car mishaps, and late meeting / greeting and meal, we enjoyed a very nice nights sleep.

We only had one bad experience while staying here. Our vehicle was parked in a parking garage and as we went to our vehicle we had an unsavory fellow approach us from the rear and began asking for money. I quickly sent him on his way and he left. It left my wife feeling very uncomfortable. The hotel would be wise to man the parking garage.

Ultimately, we enjoyed our stay and found it very comfortable. I found the price of $89 a night very, very reasonable for the quality of the hotel, though I suspect this was tied to a group rate.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I stay at this hotel once a year. This year our room smelled musky, the shower rod was falling off the wall, some sort of silver piece fell from the bottom of the sink randomly. The fryer in the restaurant was broken and the bar was out of Pinot Grigio two nights in a row. By the time we left on day two I felt as if I had a foreign object lodged in my throat, headache, stuffiness, and itchy eyes. All symptoms were gone within three hours of leaving the hotel... Internet access in the room was hit or miss. I am a fan of Holiday Inn, but I am not sure what is going on here.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the sunny side of the building. If you want a refrigerator in your room request th...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Select for several days during my class reunion at Randolph College. It was very convenient to the college and a pleasant place to stay. We got a good senior rate directly from the Holiday Inn web site. The staff was courteous and professional. It's great to have the covered parking garage. Breakfast, which was included in our room rate, was good. The only trouble we had was that one morning the breakfast room was extremely crowded due to a big air show that same weekend. The room was spacious, clean, and pleasant.

Room Tip: There are special events, such as weddings, at the hotel, so you might want to choose a room that is...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Stayed for only one night on business. Arrived early evening, had an easy check in with a very friendly front desk clerk. Hotel in the center of city (which pretty much rolls in the sidewalks at 5pm) The hotel was clean and the rooms nicely decorated. ( The only unfortunate thing was that the big suite across the hall from my room was hosting some sort of meeting. The doors were open and they were serving curry which made the whole hallway smell as such)
I had a quick bite at the bar... one question.. for such a big hotel chain, there is very little stock at the bar. only one choice for white wine. The huge bar had just 6 or 7 liquor bottles on it and it just looked so stark. But, the bartender was friendly and made good conversation with those of us alone at the bar. The parking is good with plenty of spots. They have room service that starts nice and early.
Its a good spot for those passing through or doing business at the medical center which is close by.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business