“Relaxing Lunch and Wine Tasting”
Review of Lovingston Winery

Lovingston Winery
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Lovingston
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We found this place sort of by accident, but it was totally wonderful. It is tucked away down a little country road, just off of Hwy-29. The atmosphere was excellent, very relaxed. We did the 5-flight wine tasting and enjoyed everyone of them. They have a food-truck, not a full restaurant, but the food was really good. They have a small seating area up on a raise deck over-looking a small pond. It was what I would call charming. We were there the first week of August, 2017, for our anniversary. If you are looking for a quiet/simple lunch away from the crowds and some great wine, this might be the place for you.

All reviews
"winemaker"
"glass"
"sample"

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

My partner and I traveled from DC to western VA for two reasons - Monticello and this winery. The tasting room is cozy and the winery had a nice deck for you to enjoy a glass of wine, or bottle. You have to try their pinotage wine, some of the best we have ever had!

Reviewed 27 July 2016

My wife is the wine drinker and she enjoyed the sample, but nothing struck her fancy and we did not buy anything. The tasting room is a little small, not good for large groups.Probably will not stop again.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

This place offers free tastings, which is always nice. I enjoyed all of their wines, but their Cabernet Franc was a standout. We had tried some at the B&B where we were staying, and came to this winery because we liked it so much. the Seyval Blanc was also excellent.