“Amazing food!”

Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We were celebrating our daughter’s birthday. The food was perfect. We had salads, cream of crab soup, stuffed grape leaves, meatball sub, carrot cake, gyros, gluten free pizza, strawberry cake, stuffed shells, key lime pie. Everything was fantastic.
Unfortunately, we live in Michigan. So, we can’t get here often. I understand that they do a great job catering. I would love to have them cater our company dinners. But, we are probably a bit out of their marketing area.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Nothing fancy here. It's a local place with an interesting family history. We stop by every once in a while, usually for lunch, when we are in the area. I like the Egyptian Trio (enough pita bread is NEVER supplied, but extra can be ordered), the eggplant parmigiano, or the zucchini sticks. I can make a lunch of either of the first two. The soups are OK. We can go for a Caesar or Greek salad, also. There are lunch combos with a cup of soup.
I don't order the pizza, but it seems to be popular. The calzones are good. There are some good prices on lunch sandwiches, hot or cold, and the menu is on-line.
Hard to go wrong with the pastas, although I've never ordered the seafood raviolis. I haven't ordered the burgers, but I haven't heard any complaints about them.
We never seem to have any room left for dessert. Also, I do not believe the place serves alcohol.
Be sure to ask about the family history, if you like local family stories.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 30 January 2018

Highly recommend the professional staff and fabulous food of Mama Lucci's. Selected site unseen by family from SC needing a caterer for pizza and pasta rehearsal dinner. Boy did they knock it out of the park. All staff were extremely helpful, arrived on time and had everything warm and bubby in time for the first toast. The food was delicious with plenty to feed hungry groomsmen the next day. Clean up of the venue was a breeze too! Thanks also go out to Erick at Casanel Vineyards for making it such a great evening.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

A lot of ethnic dishes from the Mediterranean region. Fun way to try multiple dishes. Our family gets a few different dishes off the menu for the whole family to try. You might not like every dish, but there are quite a few that are wonderful. Take out is available and there always seems to be someone in line at the register to pick something up everytime we have been.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 20 September 2017

For a late holiday lunch our ever-welcome guest who was making the best of a bad situation ordered the most favored meal for this restaurant, the Veal Parmesan, and, as always, it was liked because the veal is not tough. My culinary companion started with Crab Soup, which was excellent, nicely spiced, and went with also with the most favored meal for this restaurant, the Lobster Ravioli because the sauce is so good it mitigates that the lobster cannot be tasted. Knowing what was coming for supper I steered clear of my favorite lunch sandwich and sought out a solid back-up, the Steak and Cheese Sub, and I was glad to be there for that. The two big appetites in our trio each had a nicely portioned Triple Chocolate Cake slice; the frosting person was satisfied, the cake person thought there was too much frosting, and I paid for it all.
The sole server was very personable, attentive, and accommodating, in a steadily busy environment.
GPS is recommended if you are approaching this Catoctin Circle restaurant from Route 7, because the parking lot is about four feet above the road bed, and there is an odd-angled view of the restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2017