“Taste Homemade! The Best Pies Around!”
Review of Moms Apple Pie

Moms Apple Pie
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Leesburg
Reviewed 11 November 2016

Such a charming bakery. I came to this bakery my birthday weekend and had decided to celebrate by playing local tourist in VA Wine Country. The shop is petite and quaint but inviting. As soon as you enter you are greeted by the most fabulous pastry smells...as if you were baking at home.

There is an endless selection of pie flavors to choose. I did not know where to start. But every customer who came through the door said the same thing to all the newbies "everything taste good.". According to the server its best to know whether you are fruit person or a nut person...and always go with the flavors you typically go for. I am a peach cheery raspberry lover. So I went for the following:

- Raspberry Peach Crumb Pie
- Bourbon Walnut Pie

I tried the bourbon walnut based on yelp reviews. However, as the server suggested, the winner for me was what typically suited my taste buds. The Raspberry Peach Crumb Pie....Ammazzing!!!!

The Bourbon Walnut was also great.

If you dont see a flavor you were looking for, ask. The server will prepare a slice.

I loved the small touches in their decor. Like the ceiling made of pie plates.

I went today, mid November in the evening. It wasnt crowded at all. But based on the taste of the pies, I can imagine this place getting crowded around the holidays. Ive been converted. Im coming back to grab a pie for Turkey Day. Im certain the pie will go fast. The best part is, it taste homemade.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

Stopped to buy our grandkids some cookies and a pumpkin pie for halloween. They have some great looking pies but said they weren't making any pumpkin. Who doesn't do pumpkin pies in October? Anyway, the cookies were good.

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

I picked up some cookies from here for family. They usually love their sugar cookies, but my family was surprised how thick and dry they tasted compared to what they remember. The icing was good and sweet but just the cookies were so thick and dry, they said they were a little disappointed. The pies are always on point, and maybe next time we need to just try some of the other cookies. Great place to pick up some goodies to bring to a dinner party.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

This is one of those special places you find, and love! It is not a place I go a lot (otherwise I would weight 1000 pounds) but it is great for a special occasion.

The pies are amazing. My favorite is the pecan. It is always good, and fresh. For those who say it is too expensive - maybe, but if you look at it like a treat then it is worth it. I have never had a pie there that I didn't like.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We purchased two pies- peach/raspberry and strawberry/rhubarb. They were both excellent. The crusts were tender and flaky. The filling was the fruit and its juices. These pies are far from the typical gooey, overly-sweet pies of supermarkets and most bakeries. These pies taste of fruit and are delicious! Highly recommended!!