“Not terrible, not really good”

Savannah Joe's Barbecue
Ranked #11 of 32 Restaurants in Kilmarnock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Since there is almost nowhere to eat in the town of Irvington, we ended up having dinner here our first night. There was nobody in the place when we arrived and only a handful the entire time. The food was just okay. They only serve beer and wine. The two people working there were very nice.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Can't say it is the best BBQ or service--plus the flies were unexpected protein potential--BUT it was a pleasant and affordable meal. I would go again. Had the pulled chicken salad, so I was able to eat virtuously and enjoyably. I have not been to their entertainments but I am told it is a good time for all.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Well, we were passing through Kilmarnock staying in Reedville and looking for some good food..we found it! We pulled up and heard music gently playing and a nice shady area to sit. But it was those letters BBQ that caught our eye. Once inside..oh my..we are in the south. They had brisket, greens, and fried okra. Sweet tea. I was in heaven. Ordered our food, got drinks, and went outside to wait. Gentle breeze while we ate and some nice music. We really enjoyed it. Ran across the street for shakes afterwards :)

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Get the BBQ. Cheeseburger is OK, BBQ is a better choice at a BBQ place! Beer, soft drinks, tea, no surprises in choices for sides, and sides are very tasty.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Have never gone into Savannah Hoe's until last week and what a great surprise. Very informal, excellent barbecue with a variety of sauces and good prices. Very pleased.