“Delicious ”

Savannah Joe's Barbecue
Ranked #11 of 32 Restaurants in Kilmarnock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Delicious BBQ sandwich, husband said the ribs were amazing. Only kid meal was chicken nuggets (like the bagged kind) with choice of fries or Mac and cheese, Capri sun...and pudding cup that they forgot to bring. We had a one year old and they didn't have a high chair. Bottled domestic and some Virginia beers. Atmosphere is like a "hole in the wall". Server was really nice. They had about 10 inside tables (plenty of outside seating but too hot) but eat in area was adjacent to kitchen so was pretty warm inside too. Great food, but next time I'd probably carry out versus eat in.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Savannah Joe's is not fancy...just a good BBQ joint. Cold beer, good pork BBQ, great chicken and good sides. It's southern and just a fun place for a good cheap meal.

Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting my sister and her family on the rappahanock river and stayed in kilmarnock. We happened upon Savannah joes. We love Carolina BBQ and this did not disappoint!!!! Choice of ribs chicken or pulled pork with 5 different sauces. If you live BBQ this is a place not to be missed!

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

Just returned from a second visit to Kilmarnock... We stopped at Savannah Joes during a May visit and were turned away because they had a table of about 20 for a birthday party. The excuse was, they weren't staffed to handle that many people...? Their food case was full of ribs etc... But the best they could do was sell me some half cooked relatively tough chicken to go. No sides, no ribs, nothing... I didn't even bother to stop in during this trip. On a side note, they did have a good band playing which I listened to from the Tri Star parking lot.

Reviewed 12 June 2016

I love Savannah Joe's - I eat there and I get carryout on busy evenings. Their smoked meats are out of this world, and they offer a variety of their own barbecue sauces to satisfy all regional tastes. I love their fried okra and potato salad and smoked turkey wings. Worth a side trip to eat here.