“Best Fried Chicken Ever”
Review of Lee's Restaurant

Lee's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Kilmarnock
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: We are family owned since 1939.
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Every time my wife and I travel from New Jersey to visit family and friends in Mathews, Va. we make the 90 minute round trip drive to Lee's Restaurant. The fried chicken served in this local eatery is why we go out of way to get here. We've never had better chicken. The meals are reasonably priced too. For $9.29 one can order three pieces of chicken and two side orders. All of this, plus a friendly wait staff, combines to make this restaurant a "must stop" when in the Kilmarnock area.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Richard P

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Lees has been around for many years. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. My parents and husband enjoy their fresh fried chicken. Their burgers and Chicken Parmesan are great. The staff is warm and friendly, many have worked there for years. The fried chicken takes a little longer than other entrees because they fry it for each customer.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Mary C
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

This is a bustling local restaurant with great service and delicious food. My husband and I were doing the tourist thing and seeing as many of the local sights as possible, and we stopped at Lee's for lunch two days in a row. On Tuesday we both had fried oyster sandwiches on a bun, and these were individually fried oysters which were then grouped together on a sandwich bun. We are both fried oyster aficionados, and those fried oysters at Lee's rivaled any we have tasted in fine dining restaurants in world capitals. Interestingly the green peas, a side dish, were great! I almost didn't care after those fried oysters. Chicken salad was the order of the day on Wednesday: I had a cold plate/chicken salad platter with cole slaw and potato salad, and my husband had a croissant chicken sandwich with a cup of potato soup. Lee's has a full menu, and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but all I can say about the food is that everything we tried was great. The service was prompt and cheerful, and it seemed that the whole town was in Lee's meeting, greeting, and eating. Eating lunch at Lee's made us wish we were not just vacationers but that we lived in Kilmarnock.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 10 August 2017

All the entrees are great...everything cooked and prepared to perfection. Home town cooking at its best. Service prompt and efficient that shows they all care about pleasing their customers.

Fresh ground beef with onions and gravy or the best fried chicken dinner anywhere. We recommend you don't miss the opportunity to dine at Lee's.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank crzentz
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Excellent little diner with typical good diner food. Don't look for fancy but everything I have tried over a few months has been perfect. From fried fish to hamburgers, spaghetti to meatloaf you will not walk out disappointed or hungry. The pies look really good and as I see them passing by frequently the customers must think they are good, too.

Date of visit: June 2017