“Even the Texas outlaws liked it!”
Review of El Charrito Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Charrito Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This restaurant was a nice surprise to find on a Sunday. We had tried to find a "nonchain" restaurant open on a Sunday and found it extremely difficult. Finally, we found El Charrito and are so happy we did. The food and service were EXCELLENT!!
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We've been meaning to try this place for years now, and finally went last week. I brought my in-laws (both born and raised in Texas) with me. My mother-in-law said they nailed the 3 things she looks for: margaritas, guacamole, and enchilada sauce. I had the enchiladas verdes, with chicken - seriously the best enchiladas verdes I've ever had. The chicken was moist and flavorful, verde sauce was spicy. In-laws had enchiladas rojos and chicken enchiladas (yes, we like enchiladas!) The service is very slow, but the waiter was very nice. We'll definitely be back!

Date of visit: July 2013

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I Have eatten at El Charrito Mexian Restaurant several times. They have the best Mexican food I have ever had. The servers are very nice. Service was quick and food was Great!

Date of visit: February 2013
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Waited over an hour for food. When food arrived two meals were missing. Waited 20 minutes for the 2 meals. Spoke to manager and just blew me off stating orders are filled by when the order is placed,

Many tables were acknowledged ahead of us and tables received food before us.

Food was not good. Service was the worst I have experienced in a long time. Waiter un responsive.

Will not return

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed 9 March 2013

The place isn't much to look at, but the food is superb!

I'll choose the Mexican-style guacamole (called something like that on the menu) and the carnitas as particularly good--and I've eaten there at least a half dozen times.

Date of visit: February 2013
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Good Mexican food, excellent service, friendly personnel, and reasonable prices--what more could you want? There is an extensive menu and the dishes we've tried have not disappointed. Service has always been quick and efficient on all of our visits. A great value for the money!

Date of visit: September 2012