“Good basic Mexican food”
Review of El Charrito Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Charrito Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This restaurant was a nice surprise to find on a Sunday. We had tried to find a "nonchain" restaurant open on a Sunday and found it extremely difficult. Finally, we found El Charrito and are so happy we did. The food and service were EXCELLENT!!
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Good Mexican food, excellent service, friendly personnel, and reasonable prices--what more could you want? There is an extensive menu and the dishes we've tried have not disappointed. Service has always been quick and efficient on all of our visits. A great value for the money!

1  Thank footloose750

Reviewed 12 September 2012

The food is quite good, the value outstanding and the service is second to none. It's not fancy, but then what good Mexican joint is fancy? I live 45 minutes away but eat here as often as I can.

1  Thank cigardough
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We live locally and eat here often! Most items are very good. I have had a few things I don't like.. and wouldn't recommend but, overall it's good food! The servers are fast and so is the service. My favorite there is the chicken fajita quesadilla, chicken fajita nachos, or the chicken fajita chimachanga! Taco salad are great.. my husband always get the Pollo Seafood or Steak Miramar. The owners are friendly and nice! I am from Texas and I am picky about my Mexican food. So, overall it's a good fix for me when craving Mexican food.!

1  Thank Sheryl046
Reviewed 4 September 2012

When this restaurant first opened, I was not impressed with it. It has a sister restaurant called Los Portales in Tappahannock, which in my opinion, is much better. This one was opened several years after the one in Tappahannock - so I'm not sure why this one isn't as good as the original. HOWEVER, it is getting better. I recently revisited it for dinner - and the meats they use in their burritos and quesadillas was really quite good - grilled, marinated chicken, marinated steak, and beef strips marinated yet a different way. So if it keeps it up, I would rate it a 4.

Date of visit: August 2012
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Been here several times and predominately well satisfied. Excellent quality, all natural ingredients. Can actually get Mexican dinners with shredded beef instead of typical hamburger contents. Great salsa, very good value. Know how to make a good Margarita!

Date of visit: August 2012