“Very good and clean”

Ranked #8 of 32 Restaurants in Kilmarnock
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

We love Thai food and are from out of town so we thought we would try this place. The Owner was very friendly. The food was outstanding. The service was wonderful. The bathrooms were sparkling clean. In my opinion, you can tell how clean a kitchen is by their bathroom. We walk into a lot of restaurants where the bathrooms are filthy which makes me wonder what the kitchen looks like. This place could not have been cleaner. We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 19 August 2018

Have visited for dinner a couple of times. The first time we went was because a folk singer we had heard elsewhere was performing there and really enjoyed the evening. Good solid Thai food and a reasonably broad menu.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 13 May 2018

It is interesting that a town the size of Kilmarnock has two Thai restaurants and both are pretty good. We had dinner at Thai Pot. I had Dum Sin (excellent) and Pad Thai (average). My wife had Masuman Curry and it was a bit different than we are used to being lighter with no potatoes. Crab Lagoon was very good as was the Flounder special. Singha and Chang beer! Service was attentive. Biggest problem was portion sizes were a bit small and I left hungry. This is something easily fixed and I wish they would because I think it is affecting their business. Overall, a good Thai experience however.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Not good when too busy, but the owner/chef knows how food works.
She has a natural instinct, and is an artist. If you get to know her,
you may be lucky enough to sample.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

The Thai Pot definitely met our expectations. Service was good, the owner and waitress very attentive and courteous. The restaurant decor was very nice. The food was excellent, had the pad thai. Prices a bit high for the portion size but worth the experience. Definitely recommend.

Date of visit: October 2017