“Great Dinner Great Bartender”

Trick Dog - Bar & Bistro
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Irvington
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Great small town rest. with bigger city attitude...great food and service
Reviewed 9 September 2018

My wife and I ate dinner here. This is a modernistic restaurant with a great bartender - Bert. Since it was after Labor Day the crowd for a Tuesday was a little light but steady. Bert makes great - and generous drinks. My wife had the seafood lasagne. She loved it. I tasted it, it was good but really rich. I had the Capeano - a seafood stew - that was wonderful.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

After searching for a restaurant in the area that was not too fancy and overpriced yet not too casual serving crappy fried home style food, we came upon this gem. The ambiance is contemporary with gorgeous lighting fixtures and choices of comfortable cushioned chairs ar the bar, high top tables also in the bar area or comfy tables along the wall. In addition there is another room for restaurant dining.
Our waitress, Angie was knowledgeable and spot on in her recommendations for food and drink choices. My friends said the she-crab soup was outstanding with chunks of crabmeat, very rich and delicious. I had their rustic Italian bean soup with fresh spinach, delicious sausage bits that was so filling when paired with a huge salad.
Highly recommend this gem in this one horse town.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We were out for a ride, went to Dog and Oyster vineyard for a tasting and suddenly realized we were hungry. Found Trick Dog and wandered in. Lovely atmosphere and friendly staff. Food was excellent. We had a cheese platter to begin and then shared a seafood lasagne. There was joy in every mouthful. Table starter was homemade bread and olive oil dip. We would have tried the bread pudding but could not eat another bite. On our way out we cased the beers on tap. Very nice selection. This is now on our list for the food, good service and intimate setting.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

The restaurant was obviously understaffed and the barman under pressure. Ordered a bottle of South African wine and received a glass of wine that was NOT what we ordered. Found out that the South African wine was not sold by the glass so what we had was a Chilean substitute! Not good, but they did give us the correct bottle free of charge but that was probably due to the fact that we waited 35 minutes for out starter! Waitress was very good under a very difficult situation. Food was mediocre!!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Great she-crab soup! We enjoyed our meals, and the service was great! I had scallops, and my husband had the crabcakes, and both were wonderful.