All reviews gas station chinese restaurant room was clean non smoking morning staff no elevator english muffin desk clerk continental breakfast place to stay a great stay bagels the breakfast area off the highway laminated pet roofs
Reviewed 20 September 2017

This is a lovely hotel. The staff is warm, friendly, and helpful. Nice, quiet breakfast area. Room was very clean. Our room looked out onto a pretty hill and stream with a small waterfall. Nice Chinese takeout and Subway right next door. An excellent value.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the north side for a pretty view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
HiralPatel464, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hillsville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a review of your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to know my staff treated you well and that your stay was comfortable.
I look forward to seeing you again when you are in our area.

Safe travels.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Stopped overnight on way from Ohio to North Myrtle Beach. Very friendly staff. Room neat & clean. Front Desk open 24/7 plus video coverage of parking lot. Coffee available in lobby, great to grab a cup after being on the road for several hours. Pets welcome. Two outside smoking areas, one is a covered Gazebo, very relaxing. Free Continental Breakfast so we ate, filled up gas tank & on our way south. Restaurant, gas station & Interstate nearby. Room pricing was fair. Our thanks to the staff of Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: Two stories, easy access to parking lot. We were in center of first floor, was not noisy at all.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
HiralPatel464, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hillsville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a review of your visit with us. I am so glad to know you found much to be happy about. I look forward to seeing you again should you be in our area.

Safe travels!!

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

After our experience in another budget hotel we were a little concerned this stopover would be an unpleasant one but we were pleasantly surprised. The welcome was warm and polite. More importantly the room was clean, bright and well presented. The lack of lift to the upper floor was a challenge and the breakfast was meagre but we had a good night's rest.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
HiralPatel464, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hillsville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you so much for taking time to let us know about your stay. We appreciate your feedback.

I am glad to know your experience at our Inn was a pleasant one. We are striving every day to make our Inn the best representation of Red Roof Inn as is possible.

Please stop in and stay with us again should you be in our area.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This was a 1-night stopover so our needs were minimum, but while the room was adequate it was clear the management here has gone out of their way to cut costs everywhere they can. The "free breakfast" was nothing more than coffee, pastries and cereal - they even substituted Tang for real OJ! There were also only three small tables available in the lobby to sit and eat. In the room, there was no coffee maker, one small "travel pack" of tissues, no laundry bags available, only soap and shampoo (no lotion), and only one chair with no table. We did have to ask for a change of sheets because we found crumbs in one of the beds when we pulled the sheets back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank CUGlay
HiralPatel464, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hillsville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a review. I am sorry to hear your stay was less than you expected.

The sheets not being changed is completely unacceptable and the housekeeping staff have been addressed on this issue. I sincerely apologize for this oversight.

I can appreciate your feelings about the size of the lobby and the breakfast fare.
As we have had this property just over a year and it being an as is structure, we are doing what we can within the parameters available. Red Roof Inn brand requires us to offer coffee and tea and while our lobby is small, we do try to offer a simple continental breakfast to get folks on the road with a little something in their bellies. With several restaurants within walking distance, I hope you were able to find a place to better satisfy your appetite.

I am sorry you felt the amenities at Red Roof Inn were substandard. Being an economy motel, we do our best to supply travelers with basic amenities at a lesser cost to the guest than a hotel of higher pricing. While your room did not have an in-room coffee pot, Red Roof Inn offers in-room coffee pots in the Superior King units.

Your feedback is important to me. Thank you again for taking the time to provide it.

Safe travels.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

I was coming back from PA & wanted to find a Red Roof to stay . I love Red Roof because your pets are always welcome. Our stay was very pleasant It was very clean & super service. Free WiFi is another thing that I like. Rates are very GOOD at these places. I will always stay at a Red Roof when we travel. Remember to clean up after your pets so all of us animal lovers that travel with our pets can enjoy staying there. It is very convienent to getting fuel. There is a Subway there, & I believe it was a Chinese restaurant along side of the Red Roof. Also a Shoney's right up the street. Very friendly people checking you in. I LOVE RED ROOF!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking time to let us know about your visit at our Inn.

I am so glad to know you had a welcoming stay. I am glad the convenience of a nearby gas station and restaurants were helpful for you and that the staff treated like family.

We look forward to seeing you again should you be in our area. Until then, safe travels!