“Delicious food and drinks in an artsy atmosphere with a quality music venue to boot!”
Review of Clementine Cafe

Clementine Cafe
Ranked #6 of 262 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Clementine is located in a revitalized downtown in Harrisonburg, Va. We offer regional local cuisine with unique and creative dishes. Clementine is open everyday for lunch and dinner and Sundays for brunch. Clementine has regional music Thursadys, Fridays and Saturdays starting at 9:30pm. Clementine boasts an urban decor with ever changing artwork and exhibits.
Reviewed 8 January 2012

The restaurant highlights interesting pieces of art and uses good lighting. We experienced a welcoming staff that was patient and personal despite the large crowd. As for drinks--- the fresh ingredients in their specialty drinks make the flavors pop and the price is right. Plenty of beers to choose from. The crabcakes had a great balance of lump meat and seasoning and I equally enjoyed the succotash. There are several options on the menu that we will need to return to try. The music was an added bonus for a fantastic night out!

There are newer reviews for Clementine Cafe

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Good pub fare with a few more upscale choices on the menu.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

We took a weekend trip to the mountain for our anniversary and decided to head into Harrisonburg for dinner. This place had good reviews so we decided to try it. The decor is really neat - it's one large room, almost a warehouse feel, but warm and inviting as well. There was really beautiful art work all over the walls. The waitress was very nice and personable. My husband ordered the baked goat cheese for an appetizer and it was very good. I ordered the tamales stuffed with pork carnitas and they were excellent! For dinner my husband ordered the cassoulet (a stew with meat and beans) and it was just okay, nothing really great, even though it sounded exotic and good on the menu. I ordered the steak medallions with mashed potatoes, veggies, and mushroom reduction - it was superb!! I could have eaten two plates worth of that meal it was so good. Finished off the evening with the chocolate mouse - it was so so. Overall we had a really nice experience at this restaurant - not amazing, but definitely worth the trip out for the evening.

Reviewed 25 November 2011

We were there in the middle of the day so there was not much else going on. The service was fast and the food was good.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

My husband and I went here as a recommendation from a local B & B owner. The restaurant was decorated very nice, the staff was friendly and attentive, the selling point if you will for us going there was the wide variety of beers they offered. The menu was very interesting, offering some Southern classics with some classy twists. My only gripe with this restuarant is I wasn't happy with my meal, my food wasn't bad but it was covered with tomato, and I HATE tomato, the menu had no mention of tomatoes on the dish and the dish itself (shrimp and grits) doesn't traditionally have tomatoes on it. I ate a bite or two that didn't have tomato on it and it was very good, but tomato juice was all over the dish and I just couldn't eat it. I didn't send it back since there technically wasn't anything wrong with it but the random addition of tomatoes to my dish made me wary of ordering anything else in fear there would be a random addition of something else!