“Our server Named Rick was nice but that was it.”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #68 of 354 Restaurants in Hampton
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Too much glare from the window on a cloudy day, crumbs on the table, under cooked lobster tails, scallops the assize of mini-marshmallows. My boyfriend said the shrimp he had were alright but maybe he didn't want to upset me.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

My wife and I went for dinner tonight. Our waiter was Richard C. He was not friendly at all. He didn't smile once while we were there and seemed annoyed because my disabled wife was a little confused when she was trying to order. This upset her so much that she had a seizure. The hostess didn't bother to bring us napkins or utensils so I had to go find them myself. Their menu says you get all-you-can-eat biscuits. We were brought three and were never asked if we wanted more. Richard was extremely slow and only checked on us once. He cleared some of our dishes and then it was almost 20 minutes before he returned with our check even after we asked him for it, Then it took him almost a half hour to bring my card back. There's another Red Lobster across town and even thought it takes longer to get there I think we'll be going there from now on.

1  Thank vamale55
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner prior to going to the Hampton Jazz Festival. Derek was our server. Excellent customer service, I highly recommend this location.

The food was good except for the grilled zucchini... a little undercooked.

We recommend this location, especially Derrick as your server!!

Reviewed 14 May 2017

I have dined at many locations of Red Lobster and this one ranks as about the worst of them all. I ordered a sirloin and shrimp. I chose a baked potato and rice as my sides. Although the restaurant was not busy (it was 4:30 pm on Saturday) the wait time to receive our meals was longer than usual. The waitress, who was very attentive and nice, had to stop by our table several times to inform us that our food was on the way. Once our food finally arrived, I learned that they were out of both baked potatoes and rice, had replaced my baked potato with mashed potatoes and inquired as to which other sides I would like as a replacement. This essentially ruined the entire meal experience for me as I only eat steak with a baked potato and would have ordered something entirely different HAD I been informed beforehand that the kitchen was out of the side items I requested. I also do not like mashed potatoes with steak. The waitress gave me other side options and the only ones I was interested in were a cup of soup and fries. So there I sit with only a steak and shrimp having to wait on my other sides, which finally came out AFTER I was already done with the steak and shrimp. I don't blame the waitress as I don't think she was informed until she went to pick up and deliver our order, but whoever is managing the kitchen/their cooks need to do a better job of communicating with the waitstaff so they can adequately inform the customers of issues BEFOREHAND. The food and the service itself was fine, but being out of certain items and not informing me of such until the food is delivered to the table is UNACCEPTABLE and I will not be returning to this location.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

Stopped in for a take-out dinner I ordered from the bar. The bartender (Winston) was friendly and courteous.He made me a nice Tequila cocktail and we shared some good conversation while I waited for my order. Though the food I ordered was tasty, it was a bit on the skimpy side. Not the greatest value. I find Red Lobster restaurants to be "hit-or-miss". Most of them I've dined at have been more a miss. But it was getting late and I had work to do at the hotel that night and really didn't have time for a sit down dinner. I'll be back in the Hampton area on business over the next few weeks. Winston recommended a hotel down on the waterfront that I plan to check out instead of the Embassy Suites where I stayed this time (see my review).

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!