“2.5 hours for 2 beers and a dreadful hamburger”
Review of Bar Louie

Bar Louie
Ranked #227 of 354 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Eat. Drink. Be Happy. What does it take to be a regular at Bar Louie Hampton? An enjoyment of the craft and the desire to experience something out of the ordinary. From our Chicago roots, we've always known that having a comfortable place to hang out, get great drinks, scratch food, awesome music, and the best service was something special. We create every Bar Louie with all of that in mind. It might not seem like an easy task, but we want to make sure you have a great time, any time you decide to come in. We could make it easier on ourselves, but we live for the quality and uniqueness of what we create. From our handcrafted everything bar, to our scratch everything kitchen, it's in our DNA to be the best. We're at our best when you're having a great time. It may not be normal and it certainly isn't ordinary, but we believe you deserve more than ordinary. If you're not a regular yet... You will be.
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I hesitate to give one star reviews, but I think it is deserved in this case. Wow...what an awful experience here. We were a large group, I get that, but we essentially were two larger tables in a bar atmosphere...shouldn't have been an issue. Here's the summary...2.5 hours, 2 beers and a terrible hamburger. We literally waited 30-40 minutes between check-ins from our waitress. Besides the service, the food--at least mine--was terrible. For the first time in my life I sent back my order and had it taken off my bill. I had their "specialty" bourbon burger and it was just plain inedible. I don't know how it happened but it tasted like it was old, funky, freezer-burned and nasty. I would have asked for another, but after two hours of sitting there, I just wanted to leave.

And then, on the way out I looked around and saw the place was 20-30% full...absolutely no reason for such a slow food service timeline. This place will not last if they continue to provide guest experiences like ours.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Well, our waitress Shaquanna (sp) was very kind and friendly...But at one point there was 30 min between our group asking for something and her return to the table. It took 1.5 hours for easy drink orders and the delivery of substandard food. Nachos were ok, but $5 burgers are $5 for a reason. One of my co-workers said the meat tasted like 2 year old - freezer burned deer meat. It took forever for EVERYTHING and the quality was well below average. OBTW - the place was only 1/3-1/2 full. Disappointing. Will never go back.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

This was my first time here and I was pleased by the menu choices, I actually couldn't decide what to order at first. Unfortunately, or fortunately, my first choice was not available so I got my second choice which was a chicken flatbread which was excellent. I'm still not sure how you run out of one specific kind of slider and offer the other kinds but that's okay, my flatbread was great. We had good service, were seated right away on a Thursday evening. The restaurant wasn't empty but the atmosphere was pleasantly laid back and not too loud. Good place for a bunch of colleague to eat, drink and talk without being rushed out.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

If I could give a zero I would, since we walked out. Let me preface by saying I LOVE Bar Louie. I've been to several locations and have had outstanding experiences at all of them, this is my second time at this location specifically, and it's been horribly disappointing both times. The first time I talked it up to friends since we were at Langley TDY and walking away I had to tell them that this ones customer service is not the norm. Today, we waited at the entrance to be told it was open seating, which is fine, so we found a table. 10 minutes later not even a single look in our direction with several waiters and waitresses standing around talking. There were 3 other tables occupied, so busy they were not. We went down the road to B-dubs where we were promptly greeted, seated, and served.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

I have been here numerous times over the last few years and they are consistent. Food and service is always excellent and their is a movie theater across the street. Not a bad place to stop and have burger and a beer.