“Steakhouse in Hampton”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #33 of 354 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Busy as usual at 5:30PM but we knew the secret and got quick seating. Ordered the blooming onion crispy, it arrived cooked but not crispy.Waitress offered to take back but if it was thrown back in fire, probably not worth eating then. I had rack of ribs, associate had the steak, both were great.Picked through the onion and cut the undercooked ends off. Rest of meal was uneventful, excellent service, when the check came, I told the waitress I had my own pen when I signed the check. Bad news for me, mine was not working properly, I laid it on the table and borrowed one from my associate. And then left my pen on the table, a Cross Rollerball, cobalt blue in color. Did not miss it till next day, pulled the bed apart in room, went through everything, no pen. I departed the area, and Monday afternoon called the Outback and spoke to waitress about the missing pen. She checked desk where property is returned and could not find it but said she would check with the staff and see if it had been found and call me back either way. No call back. So I am out a pen that had high sentimental value, it will cost me $140.00 to replace it. Oh well, the meal was good.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

We often eat here when in Hampton. This time we enjoyed the porterhouse pork steak. The serving was large, we shared one serving and had food left over. The pork was cooked perfectly, well done but still tender and juicy. It was a little too highly seasoned with black pepper. The salad was great. Fresh greens and a delicious blue cheese vinagrette dressing. Service was really good. We will eat here again next time we visit Hampton.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

We just started coming here for lunch. After 3-4 lunches I have two opinions. First, the food has been great each time. I love the burger and salad while my husband varied his choices and loved them all. He raved about today's ribs. The people side of our experience hasn't been so great. I'm not sure if the lunch 'greeters don't like their jobs or don't like people. I don't need a trained or forced smiley greeting (they've had the no smile thing down pat) but I would like to feel that they realize we aren't interrupting their day, that there is a connection between customers coming in (and returning) and their paycheck.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

I had never tried Outback and it was convenient to the Best Western Hotel where I was staying, walking distance if fact, so I gave it a go. It was Friday night so there was a line and the place was busy. Service was slow. They had a good selection of beers but I waited a long time for mine. I waited even longer for my "surf & turf" order, but only the turf arrived and I had to wait another 15 minutes for my turf, so I'd finished the chewy steak by then. The baked potato was nicely cooked and served. I waited again for the check. I wished I had brought a book in to read during the wait time since I'm not a smart phone user. All the TVs were on sports stations but there were no games on, just talk. Boring.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

We had dinner here, it was AWESOME, the steak was cooked perfect, the restaurant was clean and the waitress was very nice.

1  Thank stsmile