“Great Food”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #33 of 360 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 14 July 2017

We often eat here when in Hampton. This time we enjoyed the porterhouse pork steak. The serving was large, we shared one serving and had food left over. The pork was cooked perfectly, well done but still tender and juicy. It was a little too highly seasoned with black pepper. The salad was great. Fresh greens and a delicious blue cheese vinagrette dressing. Service was really good. We will eat here again next time we visit Hampton.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

We just started coming here for lunch. After 3-4 lunches I have two opinions. First, the food has been great each time. I love the burger and salad while my husband varied his choices and loved them all. He raved about today's ribs. The people side of our experience hasn't been so great. I'm not sure if the lunch 'greeters don't like their jobs or don't like people. I don't need a trained or forced smiley greeting (they've had the no smile thing down pat) but I would like to feel that they realize we aren't interrupting their day, that there is a connection between customers coming in (and returning) and their paycheck.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

I had never tried Outback and it was convenient to the Best Western Hotel where I was staying, walking distance if fact, so I gave it a go. It was Friday night so there was a line and the place was busy. Service was slow. They had a good selection of beers but I waited a long time for mine. I waited even longer for my "surf & turf" order, but only the turf arrived and I had to wait another 15 minutes for my turf, so I'd finished the chewy steak by then. The baked potato was nicely cooked and served. I waited again for the check. I wished I had brought a book in to read during the wait time since I'm not a smart phone user. All the TVs were on sports stations but there were no games on, just talk. Boring.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

We had dinner here, it was AWESOME, the steak was cooked perfect, the restaurant was clean and the waitress was very nice.

1  Thank stsmile
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

After we waited 15 mins to get a table we got seated and served by Jovall. He took our order without writing it down which was somewhat unnerving but I had confidence in him. The food came out after 20 mins and 3 of 4 orders were wrong.

We pointed this out and after much time stood there in apparent disbelief Jovall took the incorrect meals away but he'd not given us any silverware so I was left eating my cold meal with my fingers.

The rest of the food came and it was good. A manager came and offered us free dessert for our trouble, which was nice.

Then someone else came out with all our mains again! We turned this away...

2 desserts came after 40 mins then the other 2, 10 mins later.

We paid and I didn't intend to leave a tip but he didn't return with our change.

By which time I was ready to hang myself so we left.

OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Hey Mike,

This is not at all the food and service experience we had hoped for. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Hampton, VA". We can then correspond directly over email.

Lacey
Outback Steakhouse

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!